X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Flowerfairy View Post

Looks like no changes were made to the vB code or templates, as simply disabling one of the two product hooks restored the logout link to the original version. But it did make me waste a whole day faffing with it.

I only noticed the issue because I wanted to log out and sign up as a new user to capture the registration system. I previously disabled the server cache, changed the .htaccess to redirect non www to www, etc. GRRRRRRR
    Product hooks can make changes to the code and templates. That is their purpose. You'll need to ask Comet Chat why they made this change and how they can fix it. Or if everything is working right now, leave the hook disabled.

I don't personally know what this hook is trying to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    This was the offending hook:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	header_head.png
Views:	114
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4408945

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    From the beginning, the idea with the /core/ directory is to completely separate the front-end logic (what the users see) from the backend logic. Originally, the design called for the ability to have your /core/ directory on a completely different server. This is why there is an option that asks where the /core/ directory is installed. This separation never became truly feasible due to legacy code still used by the system. This includes the /admincp/, /modcp/, and /includes/ directories along with a few other files. Over time, we have been refactoring and removing these legacy dependencies. A few are removed every single release.

End users should never even know that a /core/ directory exists.

An Addon Product could change this because it makes changes to the code of vBulletin. Or a template edit could have been applied for some reason. We actually recommend against editing templates under most circumstances. We have provided template hooks to allow customization of these without changing the defaults.
    Looks like no changes were made to the vB code or templates, as simply disabling one of the two product hooks restored the logout link to the original version. But it did make me waste a whole day faffing with it.

I only noticed the issue because I wanted to log out and sign up as a new user to capture the registration system. I previously disabled the server cache, changed the .htaccess to redirect non www to www, etc. GRRRRRRR

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    From the beginning, the idea with the /core/ directory is to completely separate the front-end logic (what the users see) from the backend logic. Originally, the design called for the ability to have your /core/ directory on a completely different server. This is why there is an option that asks where the /core/ directory is installed. This separation never became truly feasible due to legacy code still used by the system. This includes the /admincp/, /modcp/, and /includes/ directories along with a few other files. Over time, we have been refactoring and removing these legacy dependencies. A few are removed every single release.

End users should never even know that a /core/ directory exists.

An Addon Product could change this because it makes changes to the code of vBulletin. Or a template edit could have been applied for some reason. We actually recommend against editing templates under most circumstances. We have provided template hooks to allow customization of these without changing the defaults.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 19 Feb '19, 8:37am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Flowerfairy View Post
    I'm still perplexed about how core got in there, assume the first vB5 versions probably weren't housed in the core folder.
    This is not correct. Right from the launch of vBulletin 5, /core/ should never be used in public facing URLs, ever.
    The issue is with the add-on and you would need to speak to the people who wrote it.

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    Sorry I didn't get back to you. I was perplexed and trying to figure out how /core/ got into the link there. Glad you seem to have found a resolution. Maybe they have a newer version that doesn't cause the problem.
    I'm still perplexed about how core got in there, assume the first vB5 versions probably weren't housed in the core folder. I used to use vB4 and would still be using it now, was it not for the fact that the people who are going to manage this forum are all social media users who are used to doing it all on their phones and expect everything to be responsive.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sorry I didn't get back to you. I was perplexed and trying to figure out how /core/ got into the link there. Glad you seem to have found a resolution. Maybe they have a newer version that doesn't cause the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    I have found the culprit: it was the Cometchat plugin that was altering the logout link, disabling it restored the link back to normal!

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    Your link is incorrect.

You shouldn't access anything in the /core/ directory with a direct link.
    Yes, that seems to be the problem but how do I change it?

Where is this occurring at? In the top left of the AdminCP?
    If I log out of admincp I get the box to log back in again: https://www.forum.ukcen.com/admincp/index.php

and in the drop down on your username on the frontend?
    Yes, this is where I get the wrong URL.

What is the URL that you have for the frontend URL under Settings -> Options - > Site Name / URL / Contact Details? The login url setting on the same page?
    As below

Click image for larger version

Name:	URLs.png
Views:	135
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	4408887

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your link is incorrect. You shouldn't access anything in the /core/ directory with a direct link. Where is this occurring at? In the top left of the AdminCP? and in the drop down on your username on the frontend?

What is the URL that you have for the frontend URL under Settings -> Options - > Site Name / URL / Contact Details? The login url setting on the same page?

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    replied
    What is the URL of your logout link? It should be /auth/logout
    Thanks, when I click logout it comes up with this: https://www.forum.ukcen.com/core/aut...664d77972fa4f3

If you add /auth/logout to the end of your site URL, are you logged out?
    Yes, that worked when I manually added it, but if I just click Log Out it gave me the above link

Hiding a 404 by redirecting it to the homepage doesn't fix the issue.
    I came across that answer on a forum somewhere, changed it back to no in admincp and got URL above.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the URL of your logout link? It should be /auth/logout

If you add /auth/logout to the end of your site URL, are you logged out?

Hiding a 404 by redirecting it to the homepage doesn't fix the issue.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    It sounds like you have a mismatched cookie setting between your config.php file and your AdminCP setting. Be sure those are the same.

Leave a comment:

• Flowerfairy
    started a topic [Bug / Issue] Unable to log out of forum on any browser

Unable to log out of forum on any browser

I have recently installed vBulletin Connect, in the beginning this was working fine, but now I find I cannot log out from the forum at all, I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge and the same thing happens: I just can't log out. I can log out of admincp but not of main forum. Have also tried with newly registered account as well as admin accounts. I was initially getting the following message: "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message." I then did some googling and found that you can change the 404 redirection to the Home node from admincp so I did that and I get redirected to the home page, but don't get logged out.

I also read somewhere about disabling the cache from your hosting account, which I have also tried, to no avail.