Arrangement of many modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrangement of many modules

I am using many modules on the right sidebar in my forum.
    If there are too many, it gets messy if you want to re-arrange the modules which are on the bottom below the footer module section.

Would be nice if this could be fixed

Regards

Click image for larger version

Name:	modules.PNG
Views:	67
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	4406741

That looks like a bug to me...would be worth adding it to the tracker complete with steps to reproduce.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Bug tracker isnt really working with mobile, sorry...

Comment

Site Builder isn't really designed to work with Mobile either. This could be an artifact of that.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It does the same thing on the desktop SiteBuilder but the modules display correctly once the page is saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Site Builder isn't really designed to work with Mobile either. This could be an artifact of that.
            The problem occured on desktop. I just don't use the bug tracker since mostly I am online with android.
            Just wanted to let you guys know about it. It's up to you what you do with this info - of course I will help if there is anything I can do.

Greetings

Comment

The problem is if we log it for you and any feedback or questions cone back from the developers, you won't see this, it won't get answered and the bug will most likely get closed.

Also bugs logged by the support team actually carry less weight than those logged by actual customers.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I suspect the issue is that you never really know what 100% height is in CSS.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                  In Omnibus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with this. I'd also suspect using that many modules probably causes the page to load a lot slower than for what the developers would ordinarily plan.

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. Each module added to a page will probably impact performance.

This is an old issue. I provided a fix for this on my site more than 2 years ago. Here's the fix:

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...-its-container

Hopefully the fix still works in the latest version. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll update the code.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

got the fix last year from Glen still working for me on VB5.5
                  thanks to Glen Vergara
                  voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                    Hopefully the fix still works in the latest version. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll update the code.
                    Still working on my test site Glenn...don't need to update yet

Comment