Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan118
    replied
    In about 2 hours from now the ticket will be made with the data you requested.

Edit:
    Getting nuts here!
    With my regular memberaccount i have tested the complete forum and now everywhere i should be able to post or create new topics it works again.
    Tested also on my mobile... Posted 86 test messages all over my forum and got no errors.
    I am glad i have made that screenshot yesterday, so i know i realy got that error message.
    Somehow the problem seems to be solved.
    But i will keep an eye on this one!
    Last edited by Stefan118; Mon 7 Jan '19, 3:26pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We would need a support ticket with access to the database and AdminCP. We would need direct links to the problematic topics and access to users that can see them as well as users that cannot see them.

Leave a comment:

• Stefan118
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Permissions are handled under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions.

However, if the topic is unapproved or soft deleted then that can cause the issue as well. That would be handled by visiting the topic and using the inline moderation tools.
    The issue started last week directly after upgrade from vb 4.2.5 to vb 5.4.5.

The channel permissions are correct. I have checked that.
    The settings for the forums that members get the invalid node id error are exactly the same as the forums they don't get that error.
    It's not that the topic is soft deleted, members can't even create new topics!
    Last edited by Stefan118; Mon 7 Jan '19, 1:18am.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    It's probably due to this issue

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ation-dead-end

The tracker was closed and problem deemed normal.

Instead of the users getting an error the notification should delete itself. Giving out error codes doesn't do any good and is just plain confusing
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 7 Jan '19, 4:31am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Permissions are handled under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions.

However, if the topic is unapproved or soft deleted then that can cause the issue as well. That would be handled by visiting the topic and using the inline moderation tools.

Leave a comment:

• Stefan118
    replied
    Ok, and where can i change that setting?
    vB5.4.5

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The most likely answer is that the regular member doesn't have permission to view the node for some reason. Because of this they are getting an invalid node id error.

Leave a comment:

• Stefan118
    started a topic Invalid node id specified

Invalid node id specified

A member of my forum noted to me that when he tries to post a topic or react to a topic he gets the message: Invalid node id specified

I tested it. With my admin account i can post and reply to topics, but with my normal member account i indeed get the message: Invalid node id specified.

Please help, I have no idea where to look for!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stefan118; Sun 6 Jan '19, 12:21pm.