Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error, In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But without this "SKIP_REFERRER_CHECK", I can't even able to log in the admin.
    As I told before getting this error "In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.".

I am in a big trouble, please help me

Comment

Does the URL in your address bar match the URL specified in your AdminCP?

If not, then it is unlikely that vBulletin 5 will work in your current situation. The URL in your ADDRESS BAR must match the URL of your site as specified in the AdminCP.

Doesn't matter if you redirect via DNS, a hosts file, router, etc... they need to match.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I have mentioned only one primary domain URL in the forum admin, which is running perfectly alright.

But the issue is when I entered username & password then it redirected on other domain URL with this error message "In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.",

So After redirection ADDRESS BAR URL doesn't match URL specified in admincp.

Please suggest to me how I will overcome this issue.

Thank you
        Last edited by AV_whiz; Tue 12th May '20, 1:35am.

Comment

Originally posted by AV_whiz View Post
          I have mentioned only one primary domain URL in the forum admin, which is running perfectly alright.

But the issue is when I entered username & password then it redirected on other domain URL with this error message "In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.",

So After redirection ADDRESS BAR URL doesn't match URL specified in admincp.

Please suggest to me how I will overcome this issue.

Thank you
          vBulletin doesn't have the ability to perform such a redirect. This is something that is either happening at server level, or in a custom .htaccess file.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

vBulletin doesn't have the ability to perform such a redirect. This is something that is either happening at server level, or in a custom .htaccess file.
            thats I can understand, but continuously I am getting this error when trying to login admin
            ""In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.",

How I can overcome from this?

Comment

Is this the URL specified in your AdminCP under Forum URL? http://forum.santabanta.com

If so, log in from that URL and that URL only. If that is not the URL in the address bar of your browser, you're using the wrong URL.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Is this the URL specified in your AdminCP under Forum URL? http://forum.santabanta.com

If so, log in from that URL and that URL only. If that is not the URL in the address bar of your browser, you're using the wrong URL.
                Yes, and I am using the same URL. And it is redirecting on this domain (forum.i.santabanta.com) while admin login As I said before. I haven't use this domain URL anywhere in forum up-gradation. They mapped at the server level.
                Last edited by AV_whiz; Thu 14th May '20, 8:19am.

Comment

It shouldn't redirect on that second URL unless your server is telling it to do so. There is nothing in the software that redirects among domains. You should make sure your server never redirects you to that secondary domain.

So the solution in your case is to undo the mapping or make sure that the users never see the secondary domain.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok...Thanks, Wayne for the quick reply.

I will ask our server handling person for this. Actually they never faced these type issues before in the previous version So the client is continuously complaining to me not to do up-gradation perfectly.

Comment

Previous versions are over a decade old and really shouldn't be used for comparison. The standards for internet security have increased substantially over the past 3 years. vBulletin 5 meets those standards. vBulletin 3 and 4 do not.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Got a message from server team, they send this error log
                        "#Date: 2020-05-16 10:56:28
                        #Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken
                        2020-05-16 10:56:27 104.156.62.141 GET / - 80 194.204.113.10 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/52.0.2743.116+Safari/537.36 - 200 0 0 250
                        #Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.5"

When we are trying to login admin, got this error "In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist.",
                        Attached Files

Comment