iPhone bugs since update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone bugs since update

since our cloud updated to 5.4.4 two weeks ago we’ve been uncovering more and more issues and bugs that are only appearing with iPhones.

1. We’ve lost our “advanced” post icons. They still work for the users who remember what was where. They just can’t see what they’re clicking on. And since this is how our users post pictures, we really need these up and running. Trying to bypass the “advanced picture loader” by simply using BB img tags fails and introduces a bug that causes the users image to fail. This is only on IPhones.

2. When the update occurred, the entire board lost PM’s. We finally discovered the “special” permissions had all been changed to No for every user. We reset those to default. When we did, we recovered PM’s. However, users can no longer access their message center or notifications. When they open the notification drop down and then click on the notification it just reloads the notifications page. This is ONLY occurring on iPhones and not specific to a usergroup. The same user can pick up an iPad or desktop and view the notification no problem, so it’s not in our permissions either.
    Last edited by ChpThril; Sun 18th Nov '18, 9:24pm.

1. This is a known issue on 5.4.4 for all mobile phones not just iPhones. I believe they fixed it in the new 5.4.5.
    2. This is odd if this issue only occurs on iPhones. How about Android phones? Try asking them to clear the browser cache and cookies.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

We will be updating your site to 5.4.5 this week. Please let us know if the issues continue after this update.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you Wayne.

Does 5.4.5 happen to fix the ignore feature? I know it was supposed to have been fixed on 5.4.4, but my user still complained that it doesn’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
          1. This is a known issue on 5.4.4 for all mobile phones not just iPhones. I believe they fixed it in the new 5.4.5.
          2. This is odd if this issue only occurs on iPhones. How about Android phones? Try asking them to clear the browser cache and cookies.

It does not present itself on my S7 edge that I test with. I haven’t had any of my users with androids complain. But then again, not very many of my users with iPhones complained either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChpThril View Post
            Does 5.4.5 happen to fix the ignore feature?
            There is additional work planned for the Ignore System. Right now it is in the Developer Queue - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18832

I don't have a date of completion at this time.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              We will be updating your site to 5.4.5 this week. Please let us know if the issues continue after this update.

The update did indeed recover our “advanced” post icons. However, our message center/notifications are still screwed up. We still can’t access the previews.

This first image shows the message center from an iPhone ... notice there’s no “preview box”.

The second image is from the same phone and same user account, however I’m using a desktop browser ap. But I’m then having it simulate a mobile platform. Notice the preview exists. So this tells me it’s not in the permissions.

One thing I notice, I have the notification “preview box” when I log into the vbulletin forum from a mobil platform. So not sure why its not on ours? We seem to have a ton of bugs that relate to the responsive sizing. In the days of larger screens, is there any talks to eliminate responsive sizing? Or at least offer users the ability to turn it off and use a desktop mode? Most of my users tell me they prefer the full desktop functionality we had with V4 before moving to the cloud, even when from a mobile platform. Ive even had a few users tell me they find the responsive sizing page just flat hard to use from a mobile platform (embedding and editing post issues mainly)

Last edited by ChpThril; Wed 21st Nov '18, 2:26am.

Comment

When you edit the module that contains the previews on your site, what display resolutions is it set to display at?

Wayne Luke

Comment

When you edit the module that contains the previews on your site, what display resolutions is it set to display at?

We don’t have the ability to edit that module since we are on your cloud

Comment

You can edit every page and every module on the page. Go to your Message Center and then click Edit Page in the Site Builder menu. Then you can edit the individual modules.

Wayne Luke

Comment

All 3 ...

we’ve actually never touched these modules. They’ve been the same since day one, and for some reason stopped working.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is this issue consistent for all iPhone users or for a specific user only. Try asking them to clear the browser cache, local storage and cookies.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                          Is this issue consistent for all iPhone users or for a specific user only. Try asking them to clear the browser cache, local storage and cookies.

It’s for all user groups and users as far as we can tell. Can you guys log into the ibadmin account you have and see if there’s anything you see?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181126_200238000_iOS.png
Views:	30
Size:	919.8 KB
ID:	4403150

The Notifications page works properly for the ibadmin account.

Please provide example login accounts so we can compare their permissions with ibadmin.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The above is using Google Chrome on the iPhone. Here is an image from Safari on the same device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181126_200630000_iOS.png
Views:	26
Size:	887.2 KB
ID:	4403153

Wayne Luke

Comment