Subscription - Currency INR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription - Currency INR

I want to add new subscription with the Currency INR (Indian Rupee) - But no option is there.

Since I do not find any solution, It is difficult for me to use the full potential of the vbulletin.

Please provide a quick solution to this.

Currency symbols are hardcoded in the /core/include/class_paid_subscription.php file. I don't know how to specifically add a new currency. You would have to review this file or create an improvement request in our our issue tracker. The tracker is linked above.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

But, modification in hardcoded file is not a practical solution since each time an upgrade version if there, files are required to be replaced and therefore, it may loose the changes and give wrong impression.

Please provide simple solution or alternate or patch for this.

Because only for want of this feature, I have to opt for alternate source like wordpress or so.

Please consider it as urgent.

Comment

I understand that modifying the files is not practical. There is no alternative method to change this at this time. It isn't a security or data loss issue so we will not issue a patch. It won't even be considered a bug. This is why I suggested that you create an improvement request in our tracker. Once an improvement request is created then it can be brought up with the developers and management team and prioritized.

Wayne Luke

Comment

It is good to see that you have tried to solve the issue by including the currency INR i.e. Indian Rupee
          But, it appears that some work is pending and hope you would issue a patch or make suitable changes in next update.
          Problem areas:
          I have made changes in -
          Settings > Paid Subscription

But change is not reflected in
          Add Subscription

In the Help - it is mentioned that
          Cost in Indian Rupee
          Enter a cost for this subscription in Indian Rupee. Enter 0.00 if you don't want to accept payments in Indian Rupee for this subscription.

If you need to calculate the Indian Rupee equivalent of some other currency you can use this site.
          But, I unable to use.

Please look into

Comment

What do you mean by "Unable to Use." That isn't really a helpful statement.

If you enter a value other than 0.00 it will allow the user to select that currency as payment and sends that to the payment provider.

Wayne Luke

Comment

In which column or field the value 0.00 or other than 0.00 is to be entered?

Comment

For an example, if I want to fix Price in Indian Rupee as 1000
                In which column should it be entered as 1000 and which currency is to be selected from the drop down list after the Price column.

Comment

So in vBulletin 5.5.2 and higher, you can specify your Currency.
                  1. Go to Settings -> Options -> Paid Subscriptions.
                  2. Enter your currency (INR). Read the descriptions and use the inline help for more information.

Then when you set up your Paid Subscription you enter your currency value in the Price field for Price #1 and select INR from the dropdown.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have done the same thing following the path:

First, I have inserted two options in the Currency Symbols column
                    usd|US$
                    INR|₹

But, on the subscription manager five option are shown in the drop down list minus INR

Comment

It appears that drop down list against the price in the subscription manager is not being populated from the

Comment

There appears to be a bug somewhere. I've added a bug report for it - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19489

Wayne Luke

Comment

Okay...

In your AdminCP go to Paid Subscriptions -> Payment API Manager. Select your Payment API (i.e. Paypal). In the list of currencies accepted by the provider, add ",inr" at the end of the list. This should allow you to select it as a payment type.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hello
                            I find no editable column against
                            Supported Currency
                            Since the column is not editable, unable to change, modify or add any currency i.e. inr

Comment

It should be editable. I verified this works before posting.

Make sure you're using vBulletin 5.5.2.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X