Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attachments stored in the database move to file system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments stored in the database move to file system.

If I change it in the admincp to store attachments into the filesystem, does it transfer attachments that are existing in the db to the file system?

v5.4.3
    Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

Yes. It also offers to delete the file's binary information from the database at the end of the move.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

and the best practice for that is, to do, or not to.?
      Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Best practice would be to delete the filedata out of the database once you verify that your attachments are still working properly.

Best practice would have us store attachments in the filesystem by default. However, the world, at large, doesn't do best practice very well.

Wayne Luke

Comment

thank you.

final question. Since the directory is outside the web root, how can i point to it in the admincp? I use / and without the slash with no success.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Use the full path from the root of the drive/mount.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you, again.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X