No EXIF data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No EXIF data

Prior to the update to 5.4.3 most images uploaded to our photography forum had EXif data attached. Since the update NONE of the images has any EXIF data available. Is this a vBulletin issue, or should we be looking somewhere else?

I believe vBulletin 5 strips out the exif data.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• CorbinH
      CorbinH commented
      Editing a comment
      Would it be a Feature Request or an Improvement Request?

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Feature Request.

• CorbinH
      CorbinH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Wayne,

As some of us run photography forums, the preservation of exif metadata is valuable - paramount, even. Can you provide any assistance in identifying how vBulletin strips the metadata and any suggestions as to how to preserve this data? I'm guessing it has something to do with the way ImageMagick is called from vBulletin?

Comment

We could just about live with images uploaded and un-resized if this would retain the exif data but I've just tried this and I'm still not seeing any remaining metadata. Where would I find the original unchanged image file?

Comment

All EXIF data is stripped, even on images that are not resized. EXIF data is not secure and can be used to compromise a web server.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I put in a feature request for EXIF data to be made available on Dec 18 last year and have heard nothing since. Was this considered at all? Other photography forums seem to get by just fine allowing members access to EXIF data. Sorry, but I think you guys are being just a bit too anal on this issue.

Comment

Its in the Dev Queue currently. This is the highest priority queue that it can be in.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Wayne Luke I notice that the issue has been closed. Would you mind telling me the result?
              https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19008

Comment

It was added to vBulletin 5.5.5 as stated in the issue. You can review the Release Announcement for more information.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• CorbinH
                  CorbinH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that Wayne. I would have thought that a message to the originator of the issue advising of what action had been taken would have been nice, but no worries the issue has been fixed.
                  Hopefully I can figure out how to implement the necessary steps.

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you were subscribed to the issue, it would have sent an email automatically. You can change your notification settings for the future by clicking on your Avatar in the top right corner of Bug Genie and selecting "Your Account". On that page, click the Notifications tab.