Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What are the read errors in your system's error logs?

Leave a comment:

• nargalzius
    replied
    BTW, attachements are working, and the attachment folder (also custom, in /_/files) is just on 0755 - same owner/group - so I don't know why this (attachment) folder, with even less userland privileges, is working and the other (on 777) isn't.

Leave a comment:

• nargalzius
    replied
    Yes it's 0777 octal (although at this setting wouldn't any usergroup be able to write without issues?)

The user and group is the same (the same user I used to upload the files with) - unless there's a different usergroup vBulletin tries to write with (I jsut ask because in an October CMS install i notice the user group the CMS uses is www-data - not sure if vBulletin similarly has its own "usergroup")

Here's what I did and the results so far.

1. moved images back to physical folder (cpadmin) - no pictures show (original problem)
    2. reassigned to directory /core/customavatars (cpadmin)
    3. copy images to /core/customavatars (ftp) - no pictures show (original problem)
    4. move to db again (cpadmin) this time NONE of the pictures made it unlike in post #3
    5. moved to physical folder (cpadmin)
    6. moved back to original intended folder ( "/_/avatars" in case it matters) - no pictures show (original problem)
    7. move to db - shows like in post #3

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Is the folder marked 0777 and does it belong to the same user and group that the Web Server operates under?

Also since this is an upgrade make sure they are in /core/customavatars/

Leave a comment:

• nargalzius
    replied
    Yes! But I would prefer to keep them off the DB

Also I noticed not all avatars we're succesfully moved screenshot here:
    https://cl.ly/23938231dfb3

I really prefer to store them on a folder so I hope this behavior helps you diagnose the issue.
    Last edited by nargalzius; Tue 4 Sep '18, 1:18am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    If you move avatars to the database do they show then?

Leave a comment:

• nargalzius
    started a topic Avatars not loading

I've upgraded my vBulletin Forum from 4.2.x and all user avatars aren't loading; it just shows the default vBulletin avatar from ./core/images for EVERYONE

I've always used a custom folder for images and attachments, so I went into the admin cp and made sure those were sorted out: made sure I got to the dialog saying I had to "move the files..." (i.e. no filewrite errors), also no errors through file upload diagnostics.

I tried changing my avatar...
    1. went to my profile page
    2. clicked on the "Edit Avatar"
    3. Uploaded picutre
    4. Resized crop reticles
    5. Saved

After saving, the image placeholder resizes as if the avatar has successfully uploaded, but doesn't show anything.

Here's a video of the steps I did
    https://cl.ly/61470eaf4458

Forum URL also attached/included in this post

---
    1. vBulletin Version - 5.4.3
    2. PHP Version - 7.1.18
    3. MySQL Version - 5.6.39-cll-lve
    4. Any Addons installed - NO
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - YES
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - YES
    7. Error message on the screen' - NO ERROR - it just wouldn't display the avatars, even the browser console log doesn't throw any 404 error or anything useful
    8. Browser and Browser version used. - Chrome 69.0.3497.72
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? - YES
    10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. - Mentioned above
    11. If the issue is an Invalid Server response, the web server and PHP logs that correspond with its timestamp. - n/a