Changing forum title fonts and other fonts on main page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post

No. Leave the "1" there. It's your UserID based upon the screenshot you posted. .
    So any ideas why I am not a Super Admin and can't edit templates in Admin CP?

Comment

Have you checked the administrator permissions in the AdminCP? It's under the Usergroups Category.

The one you want set to Yes is "Can Administer & Edit Templates"

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
        Have you checked the administrator permissions in the AdminCP? It's under the Usergroups Category.

The one you want set to Yes is "Can Administer & Edit Templates"
        Seems everything is checked to 'yes.'

Comment

There are only so many things I can guess. You might need a staff member to take a look at your setup to track down the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
            What Wayne said. But as I mentioned earlier, you can also add custom CSS using Sitebuilder. This works for both self-hosted and vBCloud.
            You mean here (this is what comes up):

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
              Glenn Vergara commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, that is correct

Go to Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions. Set all permissions to YES. And make sure to save. This will overwrite the CACHE so the permissions take effect.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Go to Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions. Set all permissions to YES. And make sure to save. This will overwrite the CACHE so the permissions take effect.
              Done. Still nothing. Even tried in incognito just in case. You want me to pm you my sign in - it might be something really simple I have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                What Wayne said. But as I mentioned earlier, you can also add custom CSS using Sitebuilder. This works for both self-hosted and vBCloud.
                I was expecting to see lots of code to edit in the site builder, instead i get 3 tiny lines of code. Where do I edit the font?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellas View Post

I was expecting to see lots of code to edit in the site builder, instead i get 3 tiny lines of code. Where do I edit the font?
                  Wayne provided some css is an earlier post. You would paste that in underneath the existing few lines of code, nd save. You may need to edit it to get it exactly how you want.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Wayne provided some css is an earlier post. You would paste that in underneath the existing few lines of code, nd save. You may need to edit it to get it exactly how you want.
                    Like this? Or the whole bit of code he copy and pasted from his own forum?

Mark - perhaps I am having an existential crisis - but is it not a little tragic that I have been a week trying to change the title fonts on a Vbulletin forum and it feels like we are dealing with alien technology found at Roswell? Have you any ideas - or even theories - why I have been locked out on my Admin CP from editing the CSS?
                    Last edited by Hellas; Fri 31 Aug '18, 1:20pm.

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
                      Glenn Vergara commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have a stray } in there. Each opening { should have a corresponding closing }

Like this? Or the whole bit of code he copy and pasted from his own forum?

Mark - perhaps I am having an existential crisis - but is it not a little tragic that I have been a week trying to change the title fonts on a Vbulletin forum and it feels like we are dealing with alien technology found at Roswell? Have you any ideas - or even theories - why I have been locked out on my Admin CP from editing the CSS?
                    No but even if we get that fixed, it's not a magical easier interface. It's the same code box and the same system. Arguably doing it via the front end is easier, that's why we put it there.

You should probably try making yourself a super admin via the configuration file. I'll post up the instructions later as I can't easily do it from a phone.

Comment

No but even if we get that fixed, it's not a magical easier interface. It's the same code box and the same system. Arguably doing it via the front end is easier, that's why we put it there.
                      I understand. I had a Simplemachines forum before and was constantly editing code in the index in my website control panel previously.

You should probably try making yourself a super admin via the configuration file. I'll post up the instructions later as I can't easily do it from a phone.
                      Cheers friend.

Comment

I'll post up the instructions later as I can't easily do it from a phone.
                        Any chance you have some time to do this for me?

Comment

Any chance you have some time to do this for me?
                          Yes but you can do it from the front end in the meantime.

Comment