Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log into mobile android site

The desktop version works fine.

However on my mobile phone - when I try to log-in and click 'login' with my correct user name and password, it simply refreshes the main screen but without me logged in. No error code or anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Does your mobile device have javascript and cookies enabled?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yes I assume so. Just logged on through my phone to write this post.

Comment

We would need a support ticket with access to the site using the problematic username and password. if you do not have a support contract you can purchase on by clicking on the Purchase link in the header and choosing Addons.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yikes. I think i only got forum support. It is all accounts that this happens to and i only uploaded the forum from scratch yesterday. Is it a very rare problem?

Comment

Wow, it gets weirder...

I went to an incognito tab on google chrome android and it logged me in perfect! The minute i go back to my regular google chrome android browser - it refuses to log me in and just refreshes the page..! I deleted all the cookies and cleared the cache and it still wont log me on the regular page - only in incognito it works!

Comment

So is it still ticket worthy or a quick fix you can explain? Google Chrome incognito on Android logs in fine. Normal google chrome android just refreshes the page on log in. No problems logging on on normal desktop computer. Just made my friend try to log on on Android Chrome and worked fine. What can I do to my phone to get myself to log on? Already deleted cookies and cache.

Comment

There isn't much we can do with this. It is an issue with the browser on the device. Ticket support wouldn't help as our support is for the vBulletin product. We cannot fix issues with phones.

I would do a hard restart of the phone if you haven't already.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark. Think you are right. My phone only likes the login on incognito. Tells me it is a cookie/cache problem on the phone on the main chrome app.

Comment