No announcement yet.

The answer given for the random question is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is stopping you to file bug report? Have you tried checking in your development version?

Comment

Originally posted by rag_gupta View Post
      What is stopping you to file bug report? Have you tried checking in your development version?
      To file a bug report I need to replicate it.
      You are welcome to file one yourself though....if you do, please let me know the bug number.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Did you remove the "regex?"

I can't recreate the issue using your question and answers. The only difference is that I do not have a regex.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 13th Aug '18, 11:00am.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It is happening even when we use regex. I've filed the bug: VBV-18726

If you want I'm ready to give of my forum to you.

Comment

What next now? I've filed the bug report.

Comment

What next now? I've filed the bug report.
              You'll need to provide step by step instructions in the bug report as to how to replicate the issue. Ideally providing the exact Q&A you have on your set up.

At this stage it seems unlikely that this is an actual bug however, as none of us can replicate it based on what you've said so far. It seems more likely to be related to your set up and to look you'd need a support contract and a support ticket raising. I would get the steps into the bug report and wait for the developers to try and replicate it first though.

Comment

I'm ready to give access to my site. You can check it yourself.

Comment

I'm ready to give access to my site. You can check it yourself.
                  Just because it happens on your site doesn't make it a bug.

You should put the precise steps to replicate into the bug tracker so the developers can try to replicate it on a default installation. That is the only way that it will get confirmed as a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    Right so it's when entering a correct answer after an incorrect answer.....I see.
                    Let me see if I can replicate this and I'll report back later.
                    Still a problem in 5.5.0 clean install, no plugins.

If the users are not answering the questions correct first time, they will need to reload the page and fill in all information again for the next question.

Comment

The best workaround for this issue is to use Recaptchav2.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have had this also many times, a simple answer, entered correctly but rejected. The frequency reduced once I did the same as Post 4 about multiple spelling versions. Why it helped, not so sure. Occasionally I get reports from people saying it has not worked again.
                        Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

Comment

Originally posted by UKCobra View Post
                          I have had this also many times, a simple answer, entered correctly but rejected. The frequency reduced once I did the same as Post 4 about multiple spelling versions. Why it helped, not so sure. Occasionally I get reports from people saying it has not worked again.
                          The answer entered in your AdminCP has to be entered in exactly as you specified. There is no intelligence applied here. The system only matches what is entered. If the answer can be frequently misspelled or you want to allow both capitalized and non-capitalized answers, you have to provide them as valid solutions.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            The best workaround for this issue is to use Recaptchav2.
                            I can inform you that Recaptchav2 does not work like it should. There is many spambots registering with it enabled. Several in a week.

The best option is to fix the issue with Q&A so we can use Q&A like it should work. There is a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

The answer entered in your AdminCP has to be entered in exactly as you specified. There is no intelligence applied here. The system only matches what is entered. If the answer can be frequently misspelled or you want to allow both capitalized and non-capitalized answers, you have to provide them as valid solutions.
                              Of course the anwers are entered correctly. I have even copy/pasted them. Letter case are also upper/lower like it should.

* If the answers are not correct first time, they wont be accecpted later, even if answered correctly unless reloading the page
                              * If the questions have multiple answers, none of the answers are accepted (when entered correctly).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X