Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid Server Response

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Invalid Server Response

    Out of the blue, members who are trying to post in Safari get the message "Invalid Server Response". However, the post is there after refreshing the page. Posting on all other browsers works fine.

    I enabled debug mode and it shows the following:
    Code:
    Unexpected error, post count is negative! If you do not want to see this exception, turn debug mode off. This issue is usually fixed by running AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools > "Rebuild Topic Information", followed by "Rebuild Forum Information", then clearing the system cache (order matters). Please see VBV-14784 for more details. If a specific action has triggered this exception (ex. deleting a node), please create a JIRA with the details.
    Code:
    Debuginformatie
    Pagina-ID: 1
    Parent-ID: 0
    Paginasjabloon-ID: 1
    Route ID: 4
    Paginasoort: default
    Screen Layout ID: 2
    Screen Layout Template: screenlayout_display_wide_narrow
    Kanaal-ID: 1
    Knooppunt-ID: 1
    Database asserts: 192 (?)
    AJAX verzoeken: 2
    Facebook actief: Nee (Niet ingeschakeld of geen app-ID & secret ingesteld)
    Style ID: 97
    Templates/Renders: 52/136
    CSS-sjablonen: 8
    JS-bestanden: 6
    Bijgevoegde bestanden: 175
    Automatisch geladen klassen: 180
    Huidige tijd: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 00:20:43 +0200
    Paginatijd: 0.5448
    I tried fixing it by rebuilding topic information, rebuilding forum information and clearing the system cache, but that did not resolve the issue.

    What can I do to fix this?

  • #2
    The same issue happens here when posting on Safari...

    Comment


    • #3
      Run the General Update tools under Maintenance in the AdminCP. Turn off Debug Mode.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

      Comment


      • #4
        We have a member getting this using Safari - I started a thread earlier this week but not had a reply yet.

        We are on Cloud so can't do anything server side.

        It's only one member and my husband uses Safari without errors which seems strange.

        Member has cleared cache and cookies.
        __________________________________________
        We don't stop playing because we grow old;
        we grow old because we stop playing.
        GBS

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Run the General Update tools under Maintenance in the AdminCP. Turn off Debug Mode.
          Done, but the issue still persists. It is weird that I also get this message posting here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
            We have a member getting this using Safari - I started a thread earlier this week but not had a reply yet.

            We are on Cloud so can't do anything server side.

            It's only one member and my husband uses Safari without errors which seems strange.

            Member has cleared cache and cookies.
            Mrs T,
            It may be that only one member has reported it to you. The same thing happens to us and we are on the cloud. I was hoping to see action on your other post before mentioning it myself.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post

              Mrs T,
              It may be that only one member has reported it to you. The same thing happens to us and we are on the cloud. I was hoping to see action on your other post before mentioning it myself.
              Yes you are right Carrfixr there could be those who don't let us know- I've asked our member what version he is using as I can't understand why my husband can use Safari without problem.

              To begin with the member reported that as he posted he got the 'invalid server response' but then found it had actually posted. The next day (after our Cloud update) he couldn't post at all with Safari, and still can't, but has downloaded Firefox and can now post.
              __________________________________________
              We don't stop playing because we grow old;
              we grow old because we stop playing.
              GBS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fleiding View Post
                Done, but the issue still persists. It is weird that I also get this message posting here.
                If you have taken your site out of debug, the message wouldn't be there.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
                  We have a member getting this using Safari - I started a thread earlier this week but not had a reply yet.

                  We are on Cloud so can't do anything server side.

                  It's only one member and my husband uses Safari without errors which seems strange.

                  Member has cleared cache and cookies.
                  This specific error occurs when one or more forums has a negative post count for the user and the site is in Debug Mode. It only occurs in Debug Mode because the list of forums does not appear otherwise. On Cloud, debug mode is only enabled for specific IP addresses as needed. This is to prevent disruption and confusion to your end users.

                  We would need the username and password for that specific user to recreate the issue.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post


                    We would need the username and password for that specific user to recreate the issue.
                    Ok thanks Wayne. I'll get those details and send them via secure support message.
                    __________________________________________
                    We don't stop playing because we grow old;
                    we grow old because we stop playing.
                    GBS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

                      If you have taken your site out of debug, the message wouldn't be there.
                      I still get this message. I even get this message on other sites running vB5.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That has nothing to do with the message you posted in your first post. That is what I was telling you to fix.

                        Otherwise, my suggestion is not to use Safari. We would need to know what the actually response is and I don't think Safari even makes that available.
                        Translations provided by Google.

                        Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

                          This specific error occurs when one or more forums has a negative post count for the user and the site is in Debug Mode. It only occurs in Debug Mode because the list of forums does not appear otherwise. On Cloud, debug mode is only enabled for specific IP addresses as needed. This is to prevent disruption and confusion to your end users.

                          We would need the username and password for that specific user to recreate the issue.
                          Any news on this Wayne Luke - we sent in the username and password a week ago via support ticket and haven't heard anything yet. Member keeps asking when he can change his password back from the temporary one.

                          __________________________________________
                          We don't stop playing because we grow old;
                          we grow old because we stop playing.
                          GBS

                          Comment


                          • MrsTiggywinkle
                            MrsTiggywinkle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            OK thanks Wayne.

                          • Wayne Luke
                            Wayne Luke commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We were not able to replicate the issue. However, I put recommendations in the support ticket.

                          • MrsTiggywinkle
                            MrsTiggywinkle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Wayne. We will pass the suggestions on.

                        • #14
                          May I ask what these recommendations were so I can follow them as well?

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Fleiding View Post
                            May I ask what these recommendations were so I can follow them as well?

                            Yes that would be nice to know since this is a wide spread problem. We have a similar thread going on the cloud side.
                            This happens on Mac and ipad using safari

                            https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...erver-response

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X