Error uploading the logo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error uploading the logo.

I get an error when I try to edit my the site logo. I did a diagnostics for the .png I want to upload and there was no error. Server is Linux with PHP 7.1.18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smmas logo error diag.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	4395154 I am not sure what is wrong. Thanks.

Lynne

What error do you get?
    What is your vBulletin version?
    What is your php version?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The errors says "Error uploading the logo. Please try again."
      We just upgraded to VB 5.4.3. I am trying to fix the page to look like it used to.
      The php version is 7.1.18.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Comment

This is going to sound like a silly question but is the logo larger than 2MB?

Comment

The logo is under 50 KB. It is the same logo that is on the main web page. [www.smmas.org]

Thank you for your help. There are no silly questions here because I am flying by the seat of my pants.

I am reading the vbulletin manual now.

Comment

An alternative way to upload logo is to upload the image directly to the server via FTP or cPanel. Then login to AdminCP and edit the titleimage stylevar in Style Manager and set it to the path where you uploaded the logo.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Glenn, Thank you for the response. I don't have anything that says titleimage in Style Manager.

Comment

You do. It is in the stylevar section of the relevant style. Select stylevars from the dropdown, and search for titleimage.

Comment

Mark - thank you for helping me. I must not be looking in the right place. Where do I finding the drop down?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Choose Action.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I got the logo on there.

Comment

It doesn't give a precise error message and that is the issue. Instead of saying vaguely, "Error uploading image. Please try later" (which wrongly indicates it may work later without needing any changes to settings).

It should say insufficient permissions or upload size limit or whatever it is, precisely.

Comment

The message "Error uploading image. Please try later" means the system didn't get any information from the Javascript Uploader and therefore can't run permissions, size checks, or whatever it is precisely. Javascript runs within the End User's browser. While we provide that code in the file downloads, the errors are not always passed back to the code from the browser.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment