Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is the same error. The value above has not been set on your database. Until your server administrator sets the value and restarts the database server, the error will continue.

Leave a comment:

• tzan1970
    replied
    Unfortunately the problem was not solved

Click image for larger version

Name:	6xobgupw.png
Views:	69
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	4394978
    Last edited by tzan1970; Wed 18th Jul '18, 10:56am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The link I provided above tells you have to make changes to the MySQL Configuration. If you don't know how to use the server software, you should be using managed hosting plan where the provider will handle these changes.

Leave a comment:

• tzan1970
    replied
    you describe me as a picture or video
    how can i do this update

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by tzan1970 View Post
    I do not know much about MySQL
    how can i update
    This is something you would ask your host for assistance with.

Leave a comment:

• tzan1970
    replied
    I do not know much about MySQL
    how can i update

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You will need to set innodb_large_prefix in your MySQL Configuration. Please see the documentation on this variable here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5...b_large_prefix.

Upgrading to MySQL 5.7 or higher and not explicitly turning this value off will also resolve the issue.

Leave a comment:

• tzan1970
    started a topic Index column size too large

Index column size too large

Hello
    You can help me with this problem
    Thank you

An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance. Module: install, Step 3 Database Error:1709
    Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.
    Query:

CREATE TABLE adminmessage ( adminmessageid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, varname varchar(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', dismissable SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', script varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', action varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', execurl MEDIUMTEXT, method enum('get','post') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'post', dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', status enum('undone','done','dismissed') NOT NULL default 'undone', statususerid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', args MEDIUMTEXT, PRIMARY KEY (adminmessageid), KEY script_action (script, action), KEY varname (varname) ) ENGINE = InnoDB

Script: install
    Step: 3