Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to make a new main (default) page

So I create a new page.
    Name it - lets call it Home for now and save it with the url of /home.

I want it to be used as my main landing page after a user logs in, rather than the default (forums). I want them to see this and then have to click on the forums to go there.

I understood to do this I needed to change the paths.

So I change the link for the forums to /forums, and then change the link for /home to just /

I do that and it works great. /home is the default landing page and the forums are a navigation click away.

Until I log back in.
    Then the forums come back as my default landing page and the contents of /home are added to the end of the forum page after the regular forum stuff.

This has happened to me with two different pages (which I don't seem to be able to delete as an aside because the / link takes me to the forums every time).
    What am I doing wrong?

Crickets...

No one has ever tried this or had this problem?

Comment

Edit the current home page. Change its URL to /forums (or whatever you want it to be).
      Save the page.
      Edit the new home page. Change its URL to blank
      Save the Page.

Edit the Navigation Bar. Change the respective tabes to match the URLs you used for the pages. Save the Navigation Bar.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I did all of that.
        That's the problem.
        It didn't work.

Comment

Not have an URL pointing to / (blank entry) can cause this problem. / is being redirected to /forums by the system. The home page should always have a blank URL entry. Not /home.

Other than that, I don't know what the problem is and cannot determine the problem without access to the AdminCP and database. You would need to purchase a support contract to provide that information to us.

Wayne Luke

Comment

We have a support contract.

Comment

Then please open a ticket and someone will take a look at your site.

However, you will need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.4.1 for this to work properly.

Wayne Luke

Comment