Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Data base size increase after upgrade to 5.4.1

Hi every body

i have an issue with data base size increase after upgrade directly from 3.8.0 to 5.4.1.

i tryied to reduce by shifting photos, avatares and attachments from data base but still size is high.

The highest tables size are shown in the attcahed screenshot

their is one table called cache always increases and it only reduces once I flush it form control panel. It might be coused of wrong setup from the Admincp, could you please help me in fixing it ?

note when I check the size of the data base from myphpadmin the size showing for examele 750 MB however when I backup the data base or daownlad it it shows 400 MB is that normal ?

The database for vBulletin 5.4.X will be larger than the database for 3.8.X. It can actually be two to three times larger. This is to be expected. The cache should manage itself as long as the database user has permissions to delete content from the database. None of the tables in your screenshot are very large in the grand scheme of things.

The backup SQL file will not match the size mentioned in PHPMyAdmin.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks wayne,

could you recomend for me a hosting can take my data base which reaching 2.5 GB once search is fully indexed, running grand setting and Cache in place.

or in general if i can ask what the sutable hosting fetures for 5.4.1 for forum with 95 K topics 127K threads and 26K members.

Comment

Most hosts offer "Unlimited Storage" these days. 2.5 GB isn't very large to be honest.

Are you storing attachments in the database? Move them to the file system under Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type. That may alleviate some of your database size.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Attachments , avatares and templates moved befour,

I appriciate if you can give me your recommendation for the hosting

Comment

We do not make hosting recommendations. Our recommendations for a server are Apache 2.4.X, PHP 7.1+, MySQL 5.7+ and at least 100GB of storage to account for future growth.

Wayne Luke

Comment

thanks alot, I already changed the hosting and I will follow your recommendation hopfully I will get better results

Comment