ReCaptcha Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReCaptcha Error

Unregistered members must verify the reCAPTCHA robot tick box before they can search our forums. It worked fine until recently but they are now getting a message:

Image verification unsuccessful due to incorrect reCAPTCHAâ„¢ parameters. Contact the admin.

We are using v2 so not sure what can be wrong, any ideas? I've even tried re creating the Public and Private keys but it makes no difference.

Also, unregistered members could click on new posts and it worked fine. Now it just takes them to the search page. With the above recaptcha error message.

I think this is since the latest update as it's only just being mentioned.

Comment

For the first issue, did you verify your keys are valid at Google?

For the second issue, technically this is how it should work if you are using CAPTCHA on searching. You can remove the CAPTCHA check on searching under Settings -> Options -> Human Verification Options.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        For the first issue, did you verify your keys are valid at Google?

For the second issue, technically this is how it should work if you are using CAPTCHA on searching. You can remove the CAPTCHA check on searching under Settings -> Options -> Human Verification Options.
        No I didn't verify the keys, they had always worked before. I just got the keys and entered them in the vBulletin options boxes

I'm sure new posts was working before for unregistered users.

The reason we added captcha to search was after reading bots can cause server issues by searching too much. Do you think there is no need to have it on?

Comment

I just tried the search (on your cloud site) as a guest, I used ReCaptcha without issue and got search results I'd expect. I searched for "tires."

Is more than one user complaining about this issue?

Comment

Thanks Joe. There were two new members who mentioned it just after they joined, while they were still moderated members, once they became registered users it worked OK. I've tried myself, logged out and get this message. I've just tried again now, it happens when you click "today's posts" without entering any search criteria.

I guess if search works for you then people are seeing the message and not even trying. I didn't try myself. But the message shouldn't be there should it? It must mean something:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 16.58.07.png Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	4387205
            Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Tue 27 Feb '18, 8:11am.

Comment

The error above is because the search box shown in the header doesn't show the human verification.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                The error above is because the search box shown in the header doesn't show the human verification.
                It does once you do a search, but you are right it doesn't show on the top/front page.

What's best to do, just turn off captcha for search? I see it's not used on here.

Comment

If you want to allow guest to use the search box and the New Posts links, you will need to turn it off. That is why we ship with it off on new installs. Bots don't typically do keyword searches.

Wayne Luke

Comment