How to show poll before first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to show poll before first post

It is possible to show poll before the first post in a thread? Just like in here: http://bit.ly/2nxShvI

That isnít a vBulletin site.

Changing how polls work would require custom coding.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes it is not vBulletin site but this feature looks really nice. Polls just above thread. I want in vBulletin too. It's very useful feature.

Comment

And when vBulletin is ace forum software it should be there

Comment

I'd oppose such a feature unless it was optional. Allowing people to vote on polls without making any effort to contribute to a discussion is pointless.

Comment

Could be possible with a custom module.

Forget this one (have to read more carefully) :-):
            It is possible if you check the "Make votes public" within the polloptions of the thread.

vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

Comment

delicjous please explain little bit more what you want to say

Comment

The data of the specific poll could be fetched with the API. So it is possible to create a module/ widget or addon to show the poll above the first post.
                I write it to my list of addons I will create... but I have a lot to do before and less time!

Even I don't really get the idea why you would like to show it above the first post :-)
                But I think it could be usefull on page 2+
                vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

Comment

Originally posted by rag_gupta View Post
                  It is possible to show poll before the first post in a thread? Just like in here: http://bit.ly/2nxShvI
                  And if we implement Poll replies (a commonly requested feature) how would things work then?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

What if the optional text in a Poll post was not supplied by the poll creator? Then if you moved the poll question and answer choices above the first post, the first post would be empty.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X