Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post count?

hi all
    i come cross post count when i delete a post from a member the number of post go down and member they are not very happy
    is there a option when i delete old post the post count will stay the same?

thanks for any kindle replay
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

The only way to do this would be to manually update the post count afterwards.
    The count reflects number of posts, if you delete one it will go down.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

thanks for the replay Mark
      hope in future will be a option for post count can you imagine if i have to manual delete old post to 10.0000 member and then
      manually update the post count afterwards LOL

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

There is a tool in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> General Update Tools to update the post counts for all users. You don't have to do it manually.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• delicjous
          delicjous commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he would update it with a "fake" count because of the deleted nodes. What you could do is select all userids and postcounts with mysql and update it after you delete the posts. But I think it is not that good to manipulate the count.

thanks for the tip is look bit complicate your suggestion for me hope in the future will be something more simple

regards

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Why should faking a postcount not been complicated in the future? It's only a way I think it could work.

Comment

i don't saying to fake the post count example if a member got 2000 post and if i delete some old post he will not have anymore 2000 post after deleted

at less i do what luke suggested if you see what i mean! maybe i didn't explain myself properly

never the less thanks for your tip

i did see now what luke was saying about the
            tool in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> General Update Tools to update the post counts for all users. i don't have to do it manually.
            will use that tool to update the post count

thanks Luke
            Last edited by voyger; Fri 12 Jan '18, 2:50am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

ok found the problem
              Last edited by voyger; Sat 17 Mar '18, 2:19am. Reason: problem solved thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X