How to change email that forum messages are sent from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change email that forum messages are sent from

Does the email address that things like registration confirmations and birthday messages etc. come from have to be the "webmaster" address specified in the options? I'd like to have a [email protected] sort of return address. I'm just setting this up now, so with my minimal testing it seems that it uses the webmaster address.

You can set up any SMTP e-mail address however many e-mail clients will block donotreply e-mail addresses as spam.

Comment

OK, so assuming I'm not worried about that, since every top company in the world uses them, how/where do you specify a different email address?

Comment

This is the same as in vBulletin 3 and 4 and hasn't changed. In vBulletin 5, you can specify two email addresses in the system. The Webmaster email, this is where the emails originate from. Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. And the "Bounce Email Address". This is where you keep track of those emails that are refused by the destination server. Settings -> Options -> Email Options.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X