Posts with new comments not showing up on latest posts module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts with new comments not showing up on latest posts module

Our members are starting to use the “comment” function on a post rather than quoting the original post in a new post.

The challenge this is creating is that the module “latest activity” which on our forum is on the main page does not recognize a comment as new activity.

This is causing active threads to fall off the “latest activity” module, and into oblivion.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Bocksanders View Post
    Our members are starting to use the “comment” function on a post rather than quoting the original post in a new post.

The challenge this is creating is that the module “latest activity” which on our forum is on the main page does not recognize a comment as new activity.

This is causing active threads to fall off the “latest activity” module, and into oblivion.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks!
    Oddly I noticed this, but in a search module. I updated an article on my demo site and left a comment, but it doesn't show on Today's Posts. I'm pretty sure it used to, but it seems not to in 5.3.3 or 5.3.4.

Possibly a bug. I may log something later.

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark, if you could that would be great.

I really like the comment function!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

I'm pretty sure it used to, but it seems not to in 5.3.3 or 5.3.4.

This bug goes as far back as 5.3.1 (at least).

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment