Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (Need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (Need help)

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home2/kalonclan/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1119"

Hello,

This happened after I deleted "core/install/makeconfig.php" and was prompted to delete 'makeconfig.php' following installation. I've been dealing with this repeatedly ever since I installed vb5 and it had a 404 error across admin on the forums and the theme wouldn't show up. So I deleted everything in public-html and reinstalled it, ever since I've had this stuff. I'm no expert clearly but whenever I try to install vb5 Connect it gives me similiar errors to this. I have followed the guide and still gotten the same issue.

- I'm using Hostgator
    - I have deleted and re-created the database
    - I have deleted all the files on public-html 5 times and reinstalled installation files from a fresh 'upload' folder (unedited)
    - I made sure to enter all correct information I believe... in the configuration builder (I check the spelling/passwords multiple times)

I wrote mine like this:
    Base URL:
    Usually http://www.domain.com or http://www.domain.com/forum
    (wasn't on my version)
    Cookie Prefix:
    Default: bb
    bb
    Database Type:
    Default: mysql
    MySQL
    Database Name:
    Enter your database name
    example_db
    Table Prefix:
    Optional Table Prefix (OK to leave blank.)
    (didn't enter information here)
    Technical Email:
    Database errors will be emailed to this address
    [email protected]
    Database Server Name:
    The server name of your database server
    localhost
    Database Port #:
    Port of database server
    Database Username:
    Username to log into database server
    example_dbadmin
    Database Password:
    Password for database username (no single-quotes allowed)
    Admin CP Directory:
    Default: admincp
    (wasn't on my version for some reason)
    Mod CP Directory:
    Default: modcp
    And the last one 'modcp' as default
    Last edited by Sevenade; Sat 11 Nov '17, 7:07am.

What were you doing when you received the error?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What were you doing when you received the error?

I was installing vb5 Connect again and I was prompted by my page to delete makeconfig.php so I looked it up and deleted it. This type of error has repeated a lot regardless really of how I've installed it.

edit: I was viewing the files in Cpanel and reading the vbulletin manual.

Comment

If you manually edit your configuration files and skip makeconfig.php do you get the error?
        1. Rename /config.php.bkp to config.php.
        2. Rename /core/includes/config.php.new to /core/includes/config.php
        3. Edit /core/includes/config.php with an editor like notepad++
        4. Fill in your database connection information and your email address for the technical support email.
        5. Upload these two new files.
        6. Then run /core/install/install.php
        The installer should definitely run in 256 MB of RAM.

Wayne Luke

Comment

If you manually edit your configuration files and skip makeconfig.php do you get the error?
          4. Fill in your database connection information and your email address for the technical support email.

I'll try that and see how it goes.

Comment

I manually edited the configuration files and I still got the error. I even deleted all the files in the directory and uploaded them again with the right information and got the same error.

Edit: Just tried again after compressing the upload folder with Windows 10 default instead of 7zip and I managed to bypass the error but when I tried to follow the instructions it gave me the memory error again...

Latest error when I run kalonclan.com/core/install/install.php:

Notice: Undefined variable: vboptions in /home2/kalonclan/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1262

Notice: Undefined variable: vboptions in /home2/kalonclan/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1262

etc...

If I reload the webpage again at the home url kalonclan.com/ it gives me fatal error again. I really don't understand what's going on, I have deleted and scratch re-installed everything properly. They only thing that affected the upload was the compression through 7zip which I fixed and yet whenever I delete makeconfig.php or allow config.php at public-html to be renamed from config.php.bkp it gives me fatal error. Really not sure what's going on.
            Last edited by Sevenade; Sun 12 Nov '17, 1:14am.

Comment

Are you sure that this is using PHP 5.6.31?

In your HostGator cPanel look for an icon that says PHP Version. Enter that tool and set the PHP version to the highest value allowed.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Are you sure that this is using PHP 5.6.31?

In your HostGator cPanel look for an icon that says PHP Version. Enter that tool and set the PHP version to the highest value allowed.

I tried all options of PHP I didn't check to see if it was using the exact value of PHP 5.6.31 but it says it's set to 5.6 and it still doesn't work. Even when I set PHP to 7+ it doesn't change anything, should I re-install the software with a higher version of PHP selected or do something else because it doesn't seem to be working.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-11-13 20_09_28-cPanel - Hostgator.png Views:	1 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	4381175
                I don't know if this means anything, but when I check different directories to home they're set to PHP 5.4, all of them.

Edit: And when I change each individual directory to 5.6 the fatal error changes the amount of bytes it needs to allocate from 72-81.

This is the server information.
                Hosting Package Hatchling
                Server Name gator(example)
                cPanel Version 60.0 (build 48)
                Apache Version 2.2.34
                PHP Version 5.4.45
                MySQL Version 5.5.51-38.2
                Architecture x86_64
                Operating System linux
                Kernel Version 3.12.74-216.ELK6.x86_64
                Last edited by Sevenade; Mon 13 Nov '17, 3:27am.

Comment

Your server information says PHP 5.4.45 so something isn't working right on the server. You need to ask talk to your host about this. Ask if there is a handler that needs to be added to .htaccess and then add that to the top of the .htaccess file provided with vBulletin. vBulletin 5.3.3 will not work with PHP 5.4.45.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Your server information says PHP 5.4.45 so something isn't working right on the server. You need to ask talk to your host about this. Ask if there is a handler that needs to be added to .htaccess and then add that to the top of the .htaccess file provided with vBulletin. vBulletin 5.3.3 will not work with PHP 5.4.45.

I fully checked the PHP version and it's only 5.6.30 not 5.6.31. Also even if I set it to 7+ it doesn't make a difference. When I use PHP selector to change the PHP version on public-html it creates a .htaccess file with a handler in it. The weird thing that makes no sense is that my first install (bugged with 404 written over it) worked without changing the PHP version so what gives? It really does make no sense to me, I'm bordering on paying for vb to instal it. Can I get a link or referral to contact so I can get vbulletin to assist in installation like in the options if I pay for it? Specifically the (professional intall/upgrade option).

Edit: Also I contacted server support and they couldn't help beyond changing my PHP version to 5.6.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenade View Post

I fully checked the PHP version and it's only 5.6.30 not 5.6.31. Also even if I set it to 7+ it doesn't make a difference. When I use PHP selector to change the PHP version on public-html it creates a .htaccess file with a handler in it. The weird thing that makes no sense is that my first install (bugged with 404 written over it) worked without changing the PHP version so what gives? It really does make no sense to me, I'm bordering on paying for vb to instal it. Can I get a link or referral to contact so I can get vbulletin to assist in installation like in the options if I pay for it? Specifically the (professional intall/upgrade option).

Edit: Also I contacted server support and they couldn't help beyond changing my PHP version to 5.6.
                      Our professional installation service cannot help with server matters such as changing the php version. This is something only your hosts can resolve. If they genuinely won't or can't do it, then you need a new host - php 5.4 is obsolete, unsupported and a potential security risk.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

As I specified above, you need to copy the lines for the PHP Version Handler from the .htaccess file that your host provides and make them the first lines in the .htaccess file that we provide. Otherwise, when you upload the vBulletin files, you will overwrite the handler and vBulletin will try to use PHP 5.4.X.

Most hosting companies add the handler through a virtual host file these days so it doesn't get overwritten as most PHP applications come with their own .htaccess file. It seems your host is running a bit behind the times.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Our professional installation service cannot help with server matters such as changing the php version. This is something only your hosts can resolve. If they genuinely won't or can't do it, then you need a new host - php 5.4 is obsolete, unsupported and a potential security risk.
                          Do you have any recommendation for a good host for vbulletin 5 Connect?

Also I managed to install vb5 again but it's the same as last time, it appears to have no admincp and lacks a theme. I followed this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsyzmfZrPq8), skipping the makeconfig.php installation and got this far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-11-14 21_31_47-Forums - Forums.png Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	4381251
                          Last edited by Sevenade; Tue 14 Nov '17, 1:37am.

Comment

This is a completed install. However, you didn't rename the .htaccess file as specified in the instructions in the vB5Readme.html file.

You need to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (the period is important). To do this on your server you need to copy the contents of your current .htaccess file to the top of the one provided by vBulletin and then delete the existing file before renaming htaccess.txt.

Wayne Luke

Comment

This is a completed install. However, you didn't rename the .htaccess file as specified in the instructions in the vB5Readme.html file.

You need to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (the period is important). To do this on your server you need to copy the contents of your current .htaccess file to the top of the one provided by vBulletin and then delete the existing file before renaming htaccess.txt.

Omg LMAO I have been skipping that the whole time. I even changed web hosting to one that specifically supported vbulletin and php 5.6.31! Thank you ahahahaha. TLDR it works now!

Comment