Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating forum software to latest version, mods can no longer ban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating forum software to latest version, mods can no longer ban?

So we just updated to 5.3.3 and none of the mods can ban anymore, the option does not exist either when deleting a topic or via the Mod panel (see attachment for what they see)

This is the case for both mods and super mods but not admins.
    Looking through the usergroup manager for super moderators and/or moderators the "can ban user" option is not present, but if I search I find forum/admincp/moderator.php?do=editglobal#moderator_editglobal_canbanusers and says moderator manager (though this moderator manager does not appear to be on any menu on the left). It says it corresponds to super mods and that super mods already have ability to ban, I saved it again and still no joy, they don't have the option.

I do have moderator permissions menu option but that only corresponds to permissions for individual mods and even when checking this it already says that they can ban.

Under Moderator Permissions turn the permission off, save, turn it on again, save. Does this resolve the issue?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Looks like it did, thanks Wayne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X