Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long waiting times for posting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by naszeaudio View Post

    Is there any manual for site/DB maintenance?
    No. There isn't really any that you need to do. Databases should tick along just fine without any manual intervention.
    Things like the optimize and repair tools in the admincp are there not as routine maintenance tools but for use in the event of a problem.

    I do realise that they sit under "Maintenance" in the admincp which is probably where some of the confusion arises.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

      No. There isn't really any that you need to do. Databases should tick along just fine without any manual intervention.
      Things like the optimize and repair tools in the admincp are there not as routine maintenance tools but for use in the event of a problem.

      I do realise that they sit under "Maintenance" in the admincp which is probably where some of the confusion arises.
      Yes it is confusing. Especially when there is no manual, and no indication that work on DB has to be done in specific way.
      I can see now, my forum feels so light and quick. Massive difference.

      Comment


      • #18
        Routine database maintenance for most site owners would be to create database backups and store at least two copies of them. One copy should be in a backup folder that is at the same level as your public_html folder. The other copy should be stored on your local machine or cloud storage such as OneDrive. Other maintenance would be handled by the server administrator with the hosting company.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Routine database maintenance for most site owners would be to create database backups and store at least two copies of them. One copy should be in a backup folder that is at the same level as your public_html folder. The other copy should be stored on your local machine or cloud storage such as OneDrive. Other maintenance would be handled by the server administrator with the hosting company.
          Thank you, I hope after this DB cache deletion I will not need to do it again.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by naszeaudio View Post

            Thank you, I hope after this DB cache deletion I will not need to do it again.
            You probably will, until 5.3.4 is released (and you upgrade to it).
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

              You probably will, until 5.3.4 is released (and you upgrade to it).
              Fair enough.

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X