Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

urgent - French language and character issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • urgent - French language and character issue

    Hi
    after migrating from VB4 I have a serious problem with the charaters
    it looks like : Assemblée générale
    the same problem is in the urls

    I have searched on the forum, without result. My config :
    - database and table converted into utf-8
    - config.php : $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';
    - language french installed : HTML Character Set = UTF-8 + Locale = fr_FR.UTF-8

    the problem is also that it blocks the user registration (tested in english it works)

    This is really urgent, thanks
    French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

  • #2
    PS : if I switch to english language : the translated strings are ok, but the texts from the DB (posts etc) are not ok
    if I use the french language, nor translated strings and DB strings are ok
    if I use the old french language from the VB4, translated strings are ok, DB strings are ok, but urls are not ok and a lot of strings are in english
    French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

    Comment


    • #3
      Try to change the HTML Character Set of your language-settings french (.../admincp/language.php?do=modify& ) from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1 and back. sometimes that helps... here is a post in german with a script https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...weitere-fragen
      And you should google something like "transform db from utf-8 to latin1 script"

      This should checked by vB at the update by default
      vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

      Comment


      • #4
        I have tried to change teh language settings many times without success
        you are talking about transform utf-8 to latin, but it shall be inverse ? the DB shall be now in utf-8

        French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

        Comment


        • #5
          What is the locale set to in your language settings? Try setting it to a UTF-8 Locale like fr_FR.UTF-8. The locale may need to be installed on the server by your hosting provider in order to function properly.

          Once you do this, you may have to update the strings for your date and time formats as well. Read the text on the language settings page to get a link for the proper datetime string formats when using a locale.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

          Comment


          • #6
            already tried both locale option, it does not work
            what could be in cause for the language pack to have the issue with caracters ?
            French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

            Comment


            • #7
              The locale being incorrect is the #1 cause of characters not appearing correctly. As I stated above, you need to make sure the locale is installed in the operating system of the server.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have checked and the locale is installed on the server.
                any other infos ?
                French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

                Comment


                • #9
                  almost problems are fixed by the hosting service.
                  Now just pending the old urls that have bad encoding, new urls are ok (with special characters)
                  French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You would need to manually edit these.

                    Or enable 'Route By Node". AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Route Channels and Conversations by Node ID

                    You can see what Route By Node looks like on my demo site: http://www.talknewsuk.com
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks, I have switched to route by node for now
                      How can I edit them manually ?
                      French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Use site builder to edit the page, save without changing anything, and then amend the URL on the confirmation.

                        Personally I would back up the database before doing this.

                        In fact, personally, I'd actually not bother and stick with route by node. It's much cleaner for these type of languages, and you won't run into any URL issues.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks
                          French Joomla forum : https://forum.joomla.fr

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X