• Show
Clear All
    Mark.B
    vBulletin Support

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post

I asked that earlier
    Well, technically it *is*, but only insofar as that's what the root directory is called on the server.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    The issue is that your forum is not actually installed in a sub directory called /forums.
    I asked that earlier

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    Is your site in /forums folder?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support

• Mark.B
    replied
    Fixed via ticket.

The issue is that your forum is not actually installed in a sub directory called /forums. That just happens to be what the home directory is called on the server.

yourdomain.com/core/install/upgrade.php will be the correct URL to use in the future. (Won't work now as I have completed the upgrade and removed the install folder).

Told you it was something simple.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Check the Group and Owner of the install folder. Should have the same with other folders.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The images don't help me solve the problem. Your web server, Apache, is reporting the requested file is not found. Apache is not part of vBulletin and we cannot provide direct support for Apache. This is why your hosting provider has to get involved. The same would go for a support ticket submitted to us. We cannot configure or change Apache in any way. Therefore, we cannot resolve a permissions error where the file is being returned as "NOT FOUND."

Leave a comment:

• BlynD

• BlynD
    replied
    I have sent in a support ticket through member area. Per Waynes post I have also started one with hosting provider. Please see attached photos with permissions on Core and install folders.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by BlynD View Post
    I have followed steps 3 times. Folder permissions are correct as this is a upgrade and folders were merged, not deleted. Can i step back to my other question. It would seem easier at this point to just perform a fresh install. If I do that will I have the ability to import the backup SQL and restore posts/users?
    If you restore a database after an install, you will be running 5.3.2 with 5.3.3 files. You would still have to run the upgrage. Doing a fresh installation would not solve your current problem.

The error is coming from Apache. The image above does not show permissions on the server. You should contact your hosting provider and ask why you're getting a 404 error when the files exist on the server.

Leave a comment:

• BlynD

• BlynD
    replied
    Will do asap. Still at work myself, thanks for the quick replies.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by BlynD View Post
    I have followed steps 3 times. Folder permissions are correct as this is a upgrade and folders were merged, not deleted. Can i step back to my other question. It would seem easier at this point to just perform a fresh install. If I do that will I have the ability to import the backup SQL and restore posts/users?
    No, that won't work. Fresh install = no content or users.

This issue will be something simple. Can you please raise a support ticket with ftp credentials included so we can take a look?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Leave a comment:

• BlynD

• BlynD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Is your site in /forums folder?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Reupload the core/install folder. Both URLs should work if all the files exist on the server. If it exists, then it is most likely a permissions error and you'll need to contact your hosting provider.

Leave a comment:

• BlynD

• BlynD
    replied
    Same message. I know this should be simple. I promise I am competent and can follow directions. Did couple hours or research cause I didn't want site to be down this long. But what do you know lol thats my luck.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Add /core in the url

http://www.mysitename.com/forums/core/install/upgrade.php
    Glenn Vergara
    Last edited by Glenn Vergara; Tue 10 Oct '17, 9:08am.

Leave a comment:

• BlynD

• BlynD
    replied
    I did upload the contents. At this point im still getting the URL does not exist. If I just do a fresh install I can import my backup SQL and restore my forums content(posts)?

Leave a comment: