Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plongeur.com
    replied
    When you fix a bug and people aren't happy because the became a feature for them... drives me crasy every time when it happen to me .

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by plongeur.com View Post
    OK, the prblem is solved... it was just the tracking setting that was set to cookie instead of database.
    Everything works fine now.

You should probably remove the cookie option given it almost non functionnal at this point .
    We did remove it in vB4 right at the end. I suspect it will come out of vB5 in due course. The issue when we did it in vB4 was that for those who used it, the behaviour changed and they considered it 'broken', when it fact it was arguably broken previously.

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    OK, the prblem is solved... it was just the tracking setting that was set to cookie instead of database.
    Everything works fine now.

You should probably remove the cookie option given it almost non functionnal at this point .

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    commented on 's reply
    OK i just sent you an MP with ftp credentials.

• plongeur.com
    replied
    Ok, i'll send you a link to download it tomorrow (by PM).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There isn't a call on the notification page. When you reload the page, they are simply supposed to be gone. The notifications page doesn't update via AJAX on page views in other tabs.

What triggers the removal is viewing the last page of the topic that the notification refers to. We're probably going to need a copy of your database to figure out why this isn't being triggered.

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    is it the same call that marks them as read when you are visiting a page for which you have a notification ?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I can recreate the issue. The template that shows the notifications is privatemessage_notificationcontent. They are loaded on page load via an API call - {vb:data messages, notification, fetchNotificationsForCurrentUser, {vb:raw params}}

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    Hi Wayne Luke , did you have time to take a look ?

I solved the main issues i hd after my update (the DB was messed up and the custom navbar srewed up the forum CSS) but the notifications still does not disappear automatically as they should...

Dou you now in which template the function is supposed to be called ?

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    Thanks a lot for your help !

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I've subscribed to several forums on your site. I am waiting for some notifications now.

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    You gave me hope, i changed the settings for all groups but the issue is still here.
    Is there another setting that might interfere ?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I registered on your site but when I try to subscribe to a forum in order to get some notifications, I get an error that I am not authorized. You need to put my user in a group that has the "Can Join Channel" permission.

If you've turned this off for usergroups, it will interfere with notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Are you visiting the last page of the topic?

I can't recreate the issue on any of my installs or this site. We would need to see an error message or something. Looking at the database log may not be the best way to track this. You should be tracking requests to your server via the web server log. Your server may be blocking it through various security software.

Leave a comment:

• plongeur.com
    replied
    Ok, i set the global logging on on my mysql DB and run my test scenario; i did not see any insert or update statement on the notification table when browsing the topic on which i had a notification active.

This would mean the update function isn't called. Any idea where this would be ?

Leave a comment: