Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with croatian letters after upgrade to 5.3.3.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with croatian letters after upgrade to 5.3.3.

    I have problem with Croatian letters in forum after upgrade to 5.3.3. Again they are all gone and change to hierogliphs...
    š is
    ć is ć
    is č and else....

    my provider tell me to change all this letters in database by find and replace so I would like to know where are posts stored so I can try that since all new posts have croatian letters saved normaly...

  • #2
    This is an artifact of improper UTF-8 support and changing the character set and locale in either the database or the AdminCP.

    The text of posts is stored in the text table. Titles are stored in the node table.

    You'll have to empty and rebuild your search engine afterwards.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thnx. I will do that in the morning. I change letters in 1 post and see that in firefox I see letters normaly but in IE and Chrome no Croatian letters (only č and ć)

      Comment


      • #4
        You will probably need to empty the cache after making changes. AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Delete System Cache.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's best to contact provider to return old version to try again... New thing is that Site builder isn't working..

          Error saving page.
          (Error code 200)
          Please try again.

          Comment


          • #6
            I make restore from backup and now everything is fine. I found why I get that error... Problem was with DBshout and DBInfo panel addons. When I remove them and install again everything start to work normaly.

            I still get error but I can save page....

            Error saving page.
            (Error code 200)
            Please try again.

            1 more thing. I have usergroup: Register users full and that users can't see DBshout. Where I can change permissions for addons (products)?

            Comment


            • #7
              You would have to ask about permissions for DBShout with its creators. vBulletin doesn't have a permission on who can see what add-ons.

              To see what the actual site builder error is, you have to look in the PHP Error Log on your server and/or put the site into debug mode.


              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog...vb5-debug-mode
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

              Comment


              • #8
                OK thnx. I find problems with DB shout and will watch debug mode...

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X