New User Email Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Email Notifications

Whenever a new user joins i get an email. I also get an email for new private messages. The problem is i dont get those emails until around 5-10 hours after the new user or PM has occurred. There is a massive delay with the notification.

Is there a setting somewhere that could be possibly set on some sort of delay with an email notification?

On the AdminCP homepage does it state that there are queued emails? If so, you might want to turn off the queue. This can help speed emails up if you are restricted on how many emails you can send per hour by the hosting provider. You can also offload email to a private SMTP server if you have one available.

You can turn off the email queue in the AdminCP by going to Settings -> Options -> Email Options. Set Use Cron Based Sending to No.

You can tell the system to finish sending the queued emails under Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager. Just keep running the task until the queue is empty.

If you want to set up your own SMTP server you configure it under Settings -> Options -> Email Options.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cfleet1
      Cfleet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      By the way Wayne the Share Twitter/FB links in your profile...are those with the new update?

• Mark.B
      Mark.B commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes they are in 5.3.3.

• Cfleet1
      Cfleet1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Typically how many updates do you guys have a year? They cost me $100 each time.

Thanks lets give it a shot.

Comment