Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed VBulletin 5.3.2, but forum is showing all wrong. Please Help!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Installed VBulletin 5.3.2, but forum is showing all wrong. Please Help!!!

    Hello, just installed my new Vbulletin 5.3.2, but the forum is showing up all wrong and broken, not loading correctly!

    Can someone please help me out?
    Last edited by BuDaZiM; Mon 7 Aug '17, 3:38pm.

  • #2
    You need to rename this file in the root:

    htaccess.txt

    Rename it to

    .htaccess

    Note the dot at the front.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      You need to rename this file in the root:

      htaccess.txt

      Rename it to

      .htaccess

      Note the dot at the front.
      Already did that... from the start....

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, this is what i can see:


        css.php

        vB_Library::instance('template')->cacheTemplates($css_templates, $style['templatelist'], false, true);
        $css_templates is always empty, but $style['templatelist'] is populated!

        i think this is what's causing the problem.
        but i cant fix it, don't know how, please help!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          You need to make sure allowoverride is set to to all, and make sure mod_rewrite is enabled.

          Both of these are server configuration settings, so you may need to ask your host.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            Having same issue as the user above. After the upgrade all of the theme elements are gone. Mod_rewrite is enabled and allowoverride is set. These settings have been there since day one, but after the upgrade to 5.3.2 all went to hell.. we're going to rollback.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wdwms View Post
              Having same issue as the user above. After the upgrade all of the theme elements are gone. Mod_rewrite is enabled and allowoverride is set. These settings have been there since day one, but after the upgrade to 5.3.2 all went to hell.. we're going to rollback.
              Rollbacks are unwise as database changes between versions can cause additional errors. Move your CSS from the Database to the file system or vice versa to force a style rebuild.

              Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

              Comment


              • #8
                No our rollback is a complete restore of the entire site account from with in WHM, it restores everything to the way it was last night..

                We've been burned by this update, we won't attempt anything else for awhile, we pissed off enough users.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wdwms View Post
                  No our rollback is a complete restore of the entire site account from with in WHM, it restores everything to the way it was last night..

                  We've been burned by this update, we won't attempt anything else for awhile, we pissed off enough users.
                  You should never upgrade a live site without having first run the upgrade on a test mirror first.

                  We will be happy to assist you with instructions for setting this up, however please start your own thread as this one is about a completely different problem.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                  TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    You need to make sure allowoverride is set to to all, and make sure mod_rewrite is enabled.

                    Both of these are server configuration settings, so you may need to ask your host.
                    Well, i opened a ticket with the local web hoster, to see if the override is set to all, but i think it is, because if not, the htacess will not work. and about the mod_rewrite is on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

                      Rollbacks are unwise as database changes between versions can cause additional errors. Move your CSS from the Database to the file system or vice versa to force a style rebuild.

                      Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings.
                      Hey Wayne, can you try to help me out with my problem? im having this problem for 4 days now... cant get the forum to load correctly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BuDaZiM View Post

                        Well, i opened a ticket with the local web hoster, to see if the override is set to all, but i think it is, because if not, the htacess will not work. and about the mod_rewrite is on.
                        Let me know if you get it resolved, contrary to what VB says, i have the same exact issue as you. After upgrading the styles won't work and everything looks just like your site.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wdwms View Post

                          Let me know if you get it resolved, contrary to what VB says, i have the same exact issue as you. After upgrading the styles won't work and everything looks just like your site.
                          No problem... ill let you know.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wdwms View Post

                            Let me know if you get it resolved, contrary to what VB says, i have the same exact issue as you. After upgrading the styles won't work and everything looks just like your site.
                            No, you don't. Your issue came after an upgrade, this thread is about a fresh installation. Please start your own thread, as mentioned earlier, and we will get to the bottom of your issue.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BuDaZiM View Post

                              Hey Wayne, can you try to help me out with my problem? im having this problem for 4 days now... cant get the forum to load correctly.
                              Please let us know what your host says, in the first instance. There's no point speculating on anything else until we have that confirmed.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X