Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Polls to Top on Vote

Using vB 5.1.3.

In AdminCP > Settings > Options > Poll and Topic Rating Options, I have Update Topic Last Post on Poll Vote set to Yes.

The description for this options states:
    If you set this option to 'Yes' the topic's last post time will be updated when a vote is placed, thereby returning it to the top of its parent forum listing.

The Help information for this setting states:
    Enabling this option will "bump" topics with polls whenever some one submits a vote to the poll.

I was expecting that, with this option set to Yes, when someone votes in a Poll, that topic should return to "New Posts" results for other users who had already read the topic before that most recent vote. But that doesn't appear to be the case. So, either this option doesn't work completely, or my expectation is wrong, or perhaps the JSON in the target URL for the New Posts function (which is still the default) doesn't cover Polls.

I would appreciate any guidance anyone could offer on where to focus.

Thanks.

You need to update to 5.3.2.

5.1.3 is old and completely unsupported.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I think the version was just a typo. He is also a member on my site and I think he uses 5.3.1 not 5.1.3.

It would be good to know if that poll option works or not

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Yes, sorry about that, Mark, it is indeed 5.3.1. Thanks for catching that Glenn.

Last time I had checked, 5.3.2 was a release candidate. I see now that it was recently released, and that Patch Level 1 was also released for it a few hours ago. With a more-or-less stable site, though, I usually like to wait a bit to see the reports on update experiences from the more daring admins. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Which leaves me with a couple of questions that I hope can find answers:

1. Since I've corrected the version mistake, is it possible to get any info on my original query, in the context of 5.3.1?

2. Will upgrading to 5.3.2 change anything regarding this specific issue?

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X