Tag and Category Errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag and Category Errors.

From the admin panel, I can not create categories (CMS) with the letter '', it saves the categories empty and without any title.

Most tags cause errors after vb4-vb5 migration
    Your criteria is not restrictive enough and may return too many results. Please rest your criteria and try again.

All tags with the letter '' generate this link:

/search?searchJSON=

Some idea?

Comment

We have had a number of issues with umlauts. It would appear this is a new one. You would need to create a bug report with steps to reproduce so the developers can look at this issue.

In the interim, you can try a workaround with synonyms in the tag system without the umlauts. In the AdminCP go to Tagging -> Tags
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

As a follow up to http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17490, we need a backup of your database to see where the problem is occurring. Please create a database backup and upload it to a secure cloud sharing site. You can PM me or open a support ticket by emailing [email protected] with instructions on how to download the backup.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I sent the file.
          Look for your feedback.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

I've seen that the problem has not been fixed yet. You plan to solve it soon?

Comment

The issue is assigned to our lead developer. He will follow up as soon as he is able to do so. If it were a quick fix, we would have provided that to you already. Unfortunately, character encoding issues are often not quick fixes and often require new code to be developed, tested, and deployed.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X