Photos Tab says "No photos found" for Registered users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Tab says "No photos found" for Registered users

We've recently upgraded from vB 3.8.10 to vB 5.3.1.

When you're in a forum (not a specific topic, but a forum), there's a Photos tab above the floating bar. When I'm logged in as an admin and I select this tab, I see the photos that have been posted to the forum I'm in, and the Filter works. But Registered users only see "No photos found." even if the Filter is set to "Any Time." Like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	No Photos Found.png
Views:	10
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	4373150

What permissions or other settings affect a user's ability to see the photos? I can't seem to find the right combination.

Thanks,

Tex
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Comment

Set the filter to "All Time" on the right part of the menu bar. Do your photos show then?

You can set the default to "All Time" by clicking Edit Page at the top of the page. Editing the Channel Display Module and setting the time limit for photos (at the bottom of the options list) to All Time.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Wayne. It wasn't the Filter. The result had been the same regardless of the Filter setting, including Any Time.

Any given user was, as it turned out, able to see any photo he or she had posted in the forum, but not photos anyone else had posted. So, they saw "No photos" if they had not posted any photos to the forum.

It turned out to be the "Can View Albums" permission (under AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Album Permissions). We hadn't gotten around to Albums yet (a new feature for us), so we had that permission set to No. Setting it to Yes solved the issue. The PHOTOS tab now shows any picture photo posted to a forum by any user (subject to the Filter setting).

Perhaps this will help another admin down the road.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Tex

Comment