Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    In your screenshot, it quite clearly shows that the locale is not set to fr_FR.UTF-8. It is set to fr_FR which renders text differently and that is why you have diamonds with a question mark in them instead of the actual UTF-8 character.

Leave a comment:

• somasimple
    replied
    It is already set, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Ask your host to install the UTF-8 locale for French. The package is fr_utf8. Once installed, edit your French language in the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Set the locale to fr_FR.UTF-8.

They should consult the documentation for their OS to get specifics.

Leave a comment:

• somasimple
    replied
    Well, it was an upgrading of the offered services so it needs some technical issues.
    There is still a minor problem with accents and only on some parts of the posts. The message itself goes well but the profile date is wrong ???

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I would also consider changing host.

Any host that interferes with your database like that is more trouble than they are worth.

Leave a comment:

• somasimple
    replied
    Thanks Wayne,
    For some mysterious reason and without any intervention from my own, the site seems now working fine.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please load the /core/install directory again and run /core/install/upgrade.php. This will rebuild all the caching and internal structures.

Leave a comment:

• somasimple
    started a topic Problem after an internal server migration

Problem after an internal server migration

Hi all,

I had a internal host migration that went with a little problem.
    the forums page is at root of the site :
    https://www.algoless.com

The database was changed and a prefix was added (mandatory by the host server).
    The database name was also changed with the same principle.
    I changed these things in the config.php file.

The page is now messed up and I suppose that some redirection (?) or directory settings has not been changed properly in the config since the theme are not loaded?
    Any help will be appreciated.