• Show
Clear All

• Changed vB5 domain but not hosting, can't get vB5 site back online

Here's what we had:

intechrahealth.com <-- Running WordPress
    intechrahealth.com/forums <-- Running vBulleting 5
    Both were hosted on Dreamhost.

Here's what we did:

intechrahealth.com <-- Moved hosting to Pantheon.io. Dreamhost set to DNS only.
    intechrahealth.com/forums <-- Kept hosted on Dreamhost because Pantheon only allows WordPress and Drupal installs. But because it was installed and served in a subdirectory of the intechrahealth.com, and intechrahealth.com now points to a Pantheon IP address, the forums are no longer available.

Here's what we tried:

Created a fully-hosted subdomain of forums.intechrahealth.com and pointed it to the /forums directory for its root.
    Exported the vBulletin database from myPHPAdmin and changed all instances of http://www.intechrahealth.com/forums to http://forums.intechrahealth.com.
    Imported the changed .sql file back into the database.

Here's the result:

See http://forums.intechrahealth.com. The site shows some content and some server errors. No styles.

What did we miss? How can we fix it if we can no longer go back to the original configuration of intechrahealth.com/forums now that the main site is relaunched?

You need to get into the admincp and amend the three URL settings to reflect the different domain. Changing stuff in the database isn't recommended.
    Also you need to ensure mod_rewrite is enabled on the server, allow_override is set to ALL in php.ini, and that you have the .htaccess file in the root of the forum folder.

You should be able to access the admincp temporarily here:
    http://forums.intechrahealth.com/core/admincp/
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Doing as you've said above, I've now got the forums displaying again. But for some reason my attempts at logging into https://forums.intechrahealth.com/core/admincp/ with the known username and password for admin are failing with the message:

API Error
      Error: invalid_password_scheme
      mod_rewrite is enabled and AllowOverride ALL in php.ini. There is an .htaccess file in the root of the forum folder.

Searches of vbulletin.com/forum for this error message are apparently too broad for this keyword to produce any results for me to research solutions. The directory this was installed in is the same set of files as before, no substantial changes. All that changed was the
      Code:
      RewriteBase /forums/
      to
      Code:
      RewriteBase /
      and the DNS pointing from intechrahealth.com/forums to forums.intechrahealth.com.

Comment

What are the first four letters of the token field for that user record in the database? They should be $2$y

What is the scheme field value?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The first four (five by the example you gave) letters are $2y$1

The scheme field value is blowfish:10

Comment

Those are the proper values.... Please reupload your install folder to the core folder and run upgrade.php. subdomain.yoursite.com/core/upgrade.php
            This will reimport the password schemes to the database.

Wayne Luke

Comment

By "reupload your install folder" I assume I need to get a download of the current version from the Members Area and reupload part or all of it. Correct? If so, when I look in the Members Area, It's not immediately clear to me where to download the software.

Comment

Well unless you deleted the download package off your computer you should have a copy. However in the Member's Area, you should see the download links on the right hand side immediately after you log in. You would click on the one labeled "Download vBulletin 5".

Wayne Luke

Comment

I couldn't see the download link because of the prompt to establish a security question. That's done now and I was able to download the software. I expanded the .zip archive of the software and uploaded only the /core directory to replace the one on the server, as I understood the above recommendation. However, when I go to http://forums.intechrahealth.com/core/upgrade.php I get "Critical Error: We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours." So to get the site up again I had to reverse course and restore a copy of the old /core directory.

What's my next move?

Comment

You only had to upload the /core/install/ directory. The URL would be http://forums.intechrahealth.com/core/install/upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I uploaded the /core/install directory only and then accessed http://forums.intechrahealth.com/cor...ll/upgrade.php and the error message now says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB::sensitiveConfigOverride() in /home/intechrahealth/intechrahealth.com/forums/core/install/init.php on line 93

Comment

You should reupload all the vBulletin files in the upload folder. It seems that you don't have all the files necessary on the server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I've reuploaded all the vBulletin files and ran the upgrade. As a test until the owner of the forum resets the admin password for me, I created my own user, logged in, created a post, and replied to the post successfully.

However, a weird thing happened in that as I registered the new user in the top nav dropdown at the top right, the confirmation page saying that the user was created appeared in the dropdown in an iframe that is cut off due to the dropdown's small size, rather than in the full browser window like one would expect. It may have something to do with the fact that the styling of the dropdown is not matching the styling of the rest of the site. Like a stylesheet reference is broken.

I used Chrome Inspector to see where the stylesheet is referenced. It came up as https://forums.intechrahealth.com/au...&ts=1378408658

I do see css.php in the forums/core/, but I don't see an /auth anywhere.

Comment

The style and iframe issue is now resolved somehow. However, while I've restored access to the admin user, the login for both admins and regular users is flaky. After the login sequence finishes, the top nav does not change to the logged in state. It remains appearing as if the user isn't logged in. Hitting F5 to refresh the browser a few times gets that logged-in state to appear. I'd like to know if there's a way to fix that as it could be confusing to our users who might think they're not logged in.

Comment