Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum not opening, instead downloading a file

Hello there,

Not too sure what went wrong. The forum was working absolutely fine a few hours ago.
    All I did was backed up the database from PHP MyAdmin and backed up the site files. Nothing else was changed, nothing was deleted or uploaded.
    The site IndianVapers.com when opened, downloads a file. The forum wont load.

It comes up with this error ..

You have chosen to open:

which is: application/x-httpd-php5 (3.1 KB)

Would anyone know what could have gone wrong? Please advise.

Thanks.
    Last edited by adkaush; Sat 27 May '17, 12:50am.

Seems to be working for me.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

If the issue happens again, you need to contact your hosting provider or server administrator. This is not a vBulletin issue but a Server Configuration issue.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted IMH right after this ticket. Sorry, created the ticket out of nervousness. They fixed the problem and that's why you see the site working normal.

I have been repeatedly suggested to use PHP 5.6 at the least for VB 5 Connect. The server is on PHP 5.5. Today I asked IMH (InMotionHosting) to go upgrade to PHP 5.6 or higher. They mentioned that my VPS account server will need to be upgraded to CentOS and they need my consent/confirmation to make the move. Will it be ok if I give the nod?

I'm not aware of CentOS and all the tech details surrounding it. Would appreciate if you can confirm it is ok to take the plunge.

I am asking these questions because I feel, somewhere PHP 5.5 is causing problems which result into all of these problems.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Regards,
        Andy.

Comment

I recommend you to upgrade to PHP 5.6 or better to PHP 7. If that would require to also upgrade the OS, it would be worth it. Although it would have been nice if the OS would never have to be upgraded. Ask them how much downtime it would take to upgrade the OS and PHP.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

PHP 5.5 is end-of-life. I recommend you upgrade as soon as possible.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X