Link in group message not turning clickable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link in group message not turning clickable

When pasting a link in a group message it doesn't turn clickable after posting. It does though in a forum topic.

What to do?

Do you have a link for this issue?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is closed beta so I repoduced it here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/soci...p/4017251-test

In the group here I was not able to post a new topic so I had to reply to an existing topic...is that correct?

Comment

Links work if you use the insert link tool on the rich text menu. Should also work if surrounded by . I've created a JIRA because auto-parsing of links doesn't work. I don't know if it is a bug or intentional.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17353

Wayne Luke

Comment

OK, thanks. I hope it is a bug, not intentional.

Comment

Apparently, there is a setting in the Group settings where you can turn links off. You'll have to review all your groups and make sure this is turned on. Or rather the group owner will need to do so. They should find a gear icon under the group picture that allows them to edit the settings.

Wayne Luke

Comment

OK, I see now. It is standard turned off. Shouldn't it be standard turned on as it is standard turned on in the forums and members are used to it as turned on? And I think most members who make a group will overlook this option.

Comment

Originally posted by Joep11 View Post
                OK, I see now. It is standard turned off. Shouldn't it be standard turned on as it is standard turned on in the forums and members are used to it as turned on? And I think most members who make a group will overlook this option.
                Probably yes, though I don't think changing it will be given a high priority.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Some in blogs. But there is another issue in blogs: when clicking the option in blog settings to make links clickable and saving, after that the option is still off.

Comment