Geting Rid Of Unpublished Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geting Rid Of Unpublished Posts

I have a bunch in a few threads. Some threads that are 125 pages long. I go through these and delete the posts that were deleted by members and the dont get rid of the yellow yield sign.

Is there not an easier way to moderate those unpublished posts? The threads wont show up in my new posts search and im assuming its the yellow yield thats keeping them from doing so. The only threads that dont show up are those with yellow signs.

Ive also looked in the mod que in my message center and they are not there.

Cheers

Impossible to fix. And my "guest issue" in my other thread is all threads with a yellow yield sign. Nice bug.

Comment

You should be able to permanently delete them by going through the thread and using inline moderation. Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this at this time. This hasn't changed since vBulletin 4. Guests shouldn't see the icon but that may be a different issue.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        You should be able to permanently delete them by going through the thread and using inline moderation. Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this at this time. This hasn't changed since vBulletin 4. Guests shouldn't see the icon but that may be a different issue.
        I found all the deleted user posts and did that. But it didnt change the unpublished posts. They are stuck there forever according to VB. I submitted a ticket. I dont mind seeing the warning sign. Its just that those threads dont show up in the new posts search. So users who save the forum with the new posts link...and theres a lot of members that like using my forum this way...are not getting all the updated threads. And it just makes us look slow. Its just weird to me that it has to be stuck like this.

Comment

You should clear the system cache under Admincp > Maintenance.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

My god is there a trick for seeing unpublished posts? New threads keep getting these yellow signs and there are no deleted posts or anything that needs moderated. Its such a monster flaw thats its almost a gamechanger.

Comment

Only Articles can have a draft and be unpublished. With Posts in a Forum topic, they are published immediately. However, there are unapproved posts and deleted posts. With the default permissions, these will show inline for administrators. Deleted posts have a reddish-pink background. Unapproved posts have a light blue-green background. You can click on Manage to manage them or Show to show the content. If you want to remove the indicators stating there are posts that need action in the thread, you will need to permanently delete these posts or move them to a new topic. If you cannot see these posts by viewing the topic, then you should revert your administrator permissions to the default from a new installation. Basically, everything should be YES except, This is a Banned Usergroup.

You can also see all unapproved posts on your Message Center page under "Moderation".

Wayne Luke

Comment

Only Articles can have a draft and be unpublished. With Posts in a Forum topic, they are published immediately. However, there are unapproved posts and deleted posts. With the default permissions, these will show inline for administrators. Deleted posts have a reddish-pink background. Unapproved posts have a light blue-green background. You can click on Manage to manage them or Show to show the content. If you want to remove the indicators stating there are posts that need action in the thread, you will need to permanently delete these posts or move them to a new topic. If you cannot see these posts by viewing the topic, then you should revert your administrator permissions to the default from a new installation. Basically, everything should be YES except, This is a Banned Usergroup.

You can also see all unapproved posts on your Message Center page under "Moderation".
                There are no deleted or unapproved posts in one thread in particular. Its just got the yellow sign and nothing to be modded. After i upgraded i went into the message center and deleted hundreds of posts requiring moderation. Nothing changed. All those threads still have caution signs.

Comment

Did you soft delete or permanently delete the post? If the soft delete, then the warning label will stay. Only staff can see it. It is an informational icon.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Did you soft delete or permanently delete the post? If the soft delete, then the warning label will stay. Only staff can see it. It is an informational icon.
                    I never soft delete. If you want id love to get you in my forum so you can see what im talking about. lol

Comment

I have visited your forum and don't see them as guests. It is just a visual reminder for staff but you can send me login information and I'll look at it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Cfleet1
                        Cfleet1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Wayne
                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X