• Show
Clear All

• Cfleet1
    replied
    Thanks Guys.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The system works differently in vBulletin 5. The entire system is built on searches and requires indexing. You can exclude forums in different search modules by editing the module and only selecting those forums you want to appear.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    As Paul says that option was removed in vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment:

• Cfleet1
    replied
    That really dosnt help my users that save the New Posts tab as a bookmark. They like to log in and see all the new threads with new posts. Saving that module in a bookmark brings up more of a search page. On VB4 you could eliminate certain forums from showing up in the New Post tab. No we have no choice and get everything from all forums. Including the news forums which only spams the New Posts.

My concern is that my members will end up hating V5 just because of this one flaw. Im kind of surprised they are forcing us to put all new posts from every forum into that tab. It was so nice simply being able to use the Index New Posts in Search Engine within the forum manager in the cp.

I may have to ask my members if they even want to move to V5 and sacrifice that option.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Is this what you want?

1. Enable Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON)
    2. Edit Page.
    3. Edit the Latest Topics module by clicking on the Pencil icon.
    4. In the Sources box, select the forums where you want to get the latest posts from. You can select multiple forums by pressing CTRL or Command key while clicking an item.
    5. Save.

Leave a comment:

• Cfleet1
    replied
    So if i have a bunch of rss feed forums all those news pieces will shot up in new posts? Thats crazy lol

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This isn't an option in vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment:

• Cfleet1
    started a topic Index New Posts in Search Engine

Index New Posts in Search Engine

Hi ive upgraded to VB5.3 and im trying to find the location in Forum Manager where i can keep a certain forum from showing up in my new post search. I dont seem to have the "Index New Posts in Search Engine" option in my admin panel.

Thank you.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X