Showing "New Topic" and "Post Reply" button on unregistered user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing "New Topic" and "Post Reply" button on unregistered user

I search everywhere, but couldn't find the answer for vbulettin 5. All i find is for vbulletin 4.

So i would like to ask, is there a way to showing the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" button on unregistered user ?

Thanks

Only by actually giving guests permission to post....which you probably don't want to do, unless you like endless realms of spam.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The answer is the same in both versions actually. Give them the permissions to create new topics and reply to existing topics.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        The answer is the same in both versions actually. Give them the permissions to create new topics and reply to existing topics.
        i only want to show the button ( and want to make sure that the un-registered can't post), and lead them to login/register page when they click on it?

Here is i found so far https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...t-reply-button

it'll be great if i can do a template edit too.

Comment

Yes, it would require editing templates. You would have to edit the widget_conversationdisplay and widget_channeldisplay templates. However, I haven't looked at what it would require in-depth or tested any code on it. You might have better luck asking at vbulletin.org.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment