Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    You can search by email address in the User Manager in AdminCP and delete them but all their posts will still be available and will say Guest as the user and posts will be indistinguishable between the spammers and other accounts you've deleted before if any. It would be ideal to delete their posts first before deleting their accounts.

• HowToEvery
    commented on 's reply
    There are many bots with the email ending at .ru , how can I mass delete all of the users that has this kind of email?

• Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm... Do they have identifying info like same IP address, usernames​ have a specific pattern, registration within a specific time range, topics with the same title or specific unique words or phrases, etc. If you can identify them, then it might be possible to directly execute SQL queries to delete their posts and their accounts in the database. This is not recommended but I think this is the only quickest way to do.

• HowToEvery
    commented on 's reply
    Probably above 10,000..

• Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    How many users?

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Here's the upgrade documentation.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

I recommend doing a test upgrade first before upgrading the live site.

The minimum PHP version required starting vB 5.3.0 is PHP 5.6. Recommended is PHP 7. Make sure your server has the required PHP version before upgrading. You will need to contact your host to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• HowToEvery
    commented on 's reply
    Are there special things to do for updating or just backup and update through the admin panel?
    Also, the problem is that it's not one user who posts everything, but a different user with each post..

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Glad to help.

To delete the spam posts, go to one of the topics. Then in the Moderation menu (gear icon), Choose Delete Topic, then check "Permanently Remove" option and "Delete other posts and topics started by the affected users" checkbox. You may also Ban the user if you want.

Btw, I highly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version vB 5.3.0. The version 5.2.4 is no longer supported. If a security vulnerability is found in the software, they will not provide security patches to 5.2.4 and below.

Leave a comment:

• HowToEvery
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    I don't see the Recaptcha on the Registration page. I see Javascript error on the browser console.

Code:
    Uncaught Error: Missing required parameters: sitekey
    It looks like you didn't set the Recaptcha Public and Private keys. You have to signup with Google Recaptcha to get the keys.

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin

Choose Recaptcha 2 (not the Invisible Recaptcha).
    Wow thank you!! I seriously can't thank you enough, now I can finally revive my forum
    Do you know about an easy way I can erase now all of the 90,000 spam posts?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    I don't see the Recaptcha on the Registration page. I see Javascript error on the browser console.

Code:
    Uncaught Error: Missing required parameters: sitekey
    It looks like you didn't set the Recaptcha Public and Private keys. You have to signup with Google Recaptcha to get the keys.

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin

Choose Recaptcha 2 (not the Invisible Recaptcha).

Leave a comment:

• HowToEvery
    replied
    It seems like it just doesn't show the reCaptcha for some reason..

Leave a comment:

• HowToEvery
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, found it.. It was already set to reCaptcha 2.0

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    That is a different setting. As I mentioned, you should be looking at:

AdminCP > Settings > Human Verification Manager

Leave a comment:

• HowToEvery
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    You don't see it in AdminCP > Settings > Human Verification Manager?

Recaptcha 2 was added on vB 5.2.4 and your forum is using 5.2.4.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 19.58.30.png
Views:	76
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	4369588
    This is what I see. There are no other options.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    commented on 's reply
    Do you see two versions, Recaptcha version 1 and 2? I don't understand the language on your site but it looks like you're using Question and Answer?