Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong forum path after I changed its parent

Hi,

I had a subforum sub1 nested in the forum forum1. The link was: myforum.com/forum/forum1/sub1.
    Then I created a new forum forum2 and I moved sub1 to the new forum. The new address to sub1 should be myforum.com/forum/forum2/sub1, but it is still the old link.

Note: the correct nesting is displayed in the start page and in the forums forum1 and forum2. Only the link to sub1 is broken.
    Note 2: if I try to access the link myforum.com/forum/forum2/sub1, it doesn't work. Even though sub1 is now in the forum forum2.

I tried to erase the cache in "Maintenance -> Clear System Cache", but it didn't work.

Do I need to do anything else?
    Did I do something wrong?

Attached you can see two images, which show the navigation to sub1 before and after I moved it to the new forum.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Edit the page in Sitebuilder. Then when saving the page, it will show a form that will allow you to change the URL.

You should also do that whenever you rename a forum not just when you move it.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

There is a JIRA to update the URL when the channel name changes here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3421

Same would apply to when you move it.

Here is a related JIRA that would expose the URL in the Channel Management tools within the AdminCP - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17203
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you!

Comment