Can't seem to upload PDF as attachment - permissions set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Can't seem to upload PDF as attachment - permissions set

As it says in the topic, I've created a blog section for talking about hardware and wanted include a PDF on a specific computer. I've used the attachment icon yet it keep reporting an error that it isn't an image (which I'm well aware of). When I look at attachments menu in the AdminCP I have permissions to upload PDFs and when I check my permissions from 'usergroup manager' for uploading attachments that's all set too.

Any ideas, please?

VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

What image library are you using, GD or ImageMagick? Have you tried swapping between the two or turning this option off to see if it happens then also?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

There is also a defined limit of 900,000 bytes for PDF in a default installation. If you increase this, you need to make sure that both PHP and MySQL support the new limits.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It's set to GD as I understand that is the more common & acceptable format. I haven't swapped based on previous statement and that it uploaded fine in previous installations throughout my history as a VB customer. I have updated the 900,000 to 20,000,000 bytes and the file size I cannot upload is 1.67MB. I found a previous thread on a similar issue and followed the instructions there, having the PHP and MySQL updated by my hosts (as I lack the confidence to do so myself).

I directed my host to this response/thread: LINK
        ETA:
        My host has tried a variety of tweaks to get this working for me and they seem to have succeeded today

Problem resolved, thank you all for your support
        karlm
        Last edited by karlm; Fri 31 Mar '17, 6:25am.
        VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
        No Addons - none at all.

Comment

Without access to the file, we can't tell why it doesn't upload if all the parameters should allow it to.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment