Resend forum activation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] Resend forum activation email

Sometimes members of my forum have an email address that is not working and I get bounced emails.
    When I receive bounced emails I edit there profile and move them to the usergroup "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation".

There used to be a working link for members to resend the activation email : domain.com/forum/register?do=requestemail
    But that does not work in vbulletin5? Or is the link changed?

Is it still possible for users to request a new activation email? If so what is the link?
    Please vote for:
    - Lightbox for all uploads
    - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

I don't recall a URL on the front end, you can do it from the admincp though.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

My mistake, That was possible in Vbulletin 3

When a user edits their email address via their profile settings (/settings/account),
      There will not be a new activation email send am I right?

Also when a user registers with a invalid email address and change it via their profile settings.I will always have to resend the activation email manually?
      Please vote for:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        I don't recall a URL on the front end, you can do it from the admincp though.
        Just found out thanks to Glenn from vbmods.rocks that there is such a link.

Might as well share it : https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/activateemail
        Please vote for:

Comment

Hi,

I am sorry to dig up an old post but i am trying to add a notice to users awaitng registration (i was kind of sure there was one but...). the link you found is great but it seems weird to ask the user for his e-mail adresse when he is already logged in with his account awaiting validation.

Is there any way to have a button to resend the e-mail to the current adress of the user ?

Comment

You cannot add a button but you can add a link to the Activation Page. If you look at the description for the Notice HTML box it says this:
            This is the HTML that will be shown to visitors when the conditions set below are met.

You may include the following special variables in the HTML:
            {sitename}, {userid}, {username}, {musername}, {activation_page}, {register_page}, {help_page}
            If they don't have a valid activation page, the system will prompt them to send a new verification email.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK, i had to make a new notice due to my other problem but it seems to be working fine.
              Funny stuff, the {activation_page} variable was the only one not mentionned in my french translation...

Thanks.

Comment

You can style the activation link as a button by adding

Code:
                class="b-button"
                attribute to the <a> tag.

To use the primary button style add:

Code:
                class="b-button b-button--primary"

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X