Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Done: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17024

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    As Wayne said, if you think there's a bug you will need to submit a bug report.

You can do this here:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1

Just fill in 'Summary' and 'Description' - ignore everything else, although your screenshots would probably be helpful. The developers will then review it and investigate.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Ok, thanks Wayne. I`m no programmer, so - from a user perspektive, i don`t knwo what`s a JIRA. Please contact your developers to validate my point. The Clean installations and the picture i posted speaks another language: IMHO there has been a change! The sidebar width changed, the image document this well. Just insert an W300XH250 standard adsense ad again in an AD slot for the sidebar on the clean 5.2.6 installation: Again, ... :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	vB526_adbreakPNG.PNG Views:	1 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	4364906

With respect: If 300 pixel should be default (for reasons) : This is nothing the user has to fix. This is something vBulletin developer team has to fix. Please contact them for it! These Images i posted are from a clean installation from scratch! Check THIS board i write actual for yourself: The sidebar width IS NOT 300 PIXEL as it should have.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You'll have to write a JIRA. There are no controls to change the width of those sidebars. There is nothing that should have changed them as far as I am aware.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Again, no luck. Did two CLEAN (!) testinstallations: one 5.2.5, one 5.2.6. On 5.2.5 = Yes - sidebar is exactly 300 pixel width. On 5.2.6 NO, it is less, exactly like on THIS official vbulletin board, which also runs 5.2.6 actually (see pics above)

Screenshot: Click image for larger version  Name:	525_526.png Views:	1 Size:	184.3 KB ID:	4364895

So again: This is unwanted. How to correct sidebar width to bulletin 5.2.5 specs = 300 pixel width? again: The picture above shows two CLEAN test-installs... if it`s stated from official support, that the "The default width of the narrow column in a wide/narrow layout is 300 pixels in vBulletin 5.", than i would say: NO, that`s incorrect for the actually final Version 5.2.6.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As stated above, you need to run the upgrade.php file on your existing database to import the default master style. Make sure the XML files in the /core/install directory are not modified in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Yes, the forum was upgraded from a vB 4.2.3 installation. After installation vB5 noticed me incompatibility of the vB4 style. I deleted it and jumped over to the default vB5 style. thought, problem solved. True is: in admin cotrol center, i get notice, there would be 1 modified template, which could result in troubles. BUT: "Click here to show up templates" result in nothing to show:

admin control message:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	admin_control.PNG
Views:	67
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	4364823

shown templates: Nothing! So, what to do?

Name:	admin_no_templates shown.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4364824

after upgrading from vB 4.2.3 to 5.2.5 i erased the "old" vB4 Style and created a new one from the vBulletin 5 default one. Thought, this would do the trick. Now it seems, it does not. So, how to fix?

How can i get rid of the broken template i don`t know where to find, cause nothing is shown up? How can i switch over to vB5 default template and style?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Those sidebar variables don't exist in a default installation of vBulletin 5. They do exist in vBulletin 4. vBulletin 4 Styles are not compatible with vBulletin 5 and should not be imported or used under any circumstance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip_20170217121239.png Views:	1 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	4364821

Please run the upgrade.php scripts again so the vBulletin 5 styles can be recreated properly.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Perhaps you should also validate the search box view ("topic" (just using german lang = THEMEN), instead of "normal" - see first post picture ... not usable in 5.2.6, also here 5.2.5 = all good ... ;(

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Where are you seeing the variable 'sidebar_forum_width'?
    As i wrote: admincp: Styles (used template f.ex. Default vB5 Style) -> Sidebar -> sidebar_forum_width:

Name:	forum_sidebar_width.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	4364817

270 = default (!) changing to 300 did not change the width.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The default width of the narrow column in a wide/narrow layout is 300 pixels in vBulletin 5.
    Sure? Check https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ for yourself, after upgrading to 5.2.6 (5.2.5 was ALL FINE!). The BLUE quarter is 300 pixel width. Above: My forum, below vbulletin/forum:

Name:	vBulletin_sidebar_not300px.png
Views:	46
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	4364818

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Where are you seeing the variable 'sidebar_forum_width'? This is not a variable used in a default installation of vBulletin 5. The default width of the narrow column in a wide/narrow layout is 300 pixels in vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment:

• axefx
    started a topic Sidebar width: sidebar_forum_width NO reaction

Sidebar width: sidebar_forum_width NO reaction

www.axefx.de: Upgrade forum from 5.2.5 to 5.2.6. This breaks the sidebar width, also the search box with view "topic" (see picture). Stylev ariables -> Sidebar -> sidebar_forum_width don`t change the sidebar width. Default is and was 270 px (vB 5.2.5 and vB 5.2.6). That said, adsense formats like 300X250 where perfetly embedded in a 300 px width sidebar on 5.2.5. Now, sidebar decreases in width. Changing sidebar_forum_width to 300 px don`t change anything:

What to do? How to fix?