X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musicoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I don't know why it isn't indexing on your server. There isn't enough information provided in this thread. Without a support ticket and full access to the server, we won't know how to resolve the issue.
    We're going to purchase a one-month ticket support, could you please PM me about what do you need to give us assistance (accesses, credentials and so on) so that we can put you in condition quickly?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't know why it isn't indexing on your server. There isn't enough information provided in this thread. Without a support ticket and full access to the server, we won't know how to resolve the issue.

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Originally posted by musicoff View Post
    having already performed the reindex more than once and in the manner you indicated (admincp, cli) with no changes, how can we fix it otherwise?
    I propose the question again...

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    No one will never search threads with that keyword in our forum, so it's not important that the word "ciao" isn't properly reported by the search engine, that was just one example of how Search is not working as it should.
    Our users will make use of keywords by argument, or even remembering one thread in particular will seek it using related words in title: both these ways at the moment do not give the expected results.

As I said before your search engine needs to be reindexed. If I search for 'ringraziamento' on your site, I get no results. However, this topic exists:

https://yourdomain/forum/comunicazio...unk-e-ciosper/

This tells me that the database isn't completely indexed for some reason.
    This is clear, but having already performed the reindex more than once and in the manner you indicated (admincp, cli) with no changes, how can we fix it otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    It depends. In most cases, hello might not return meaningful results but for translation or language sites, it does. Also in programming language sites, it might also be meaningful if you want to search for "hello world" code samples.
    Not relevant to the issue at hand. If it were relevant, I would tell him how to allow those words to be indexed.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Like if you searched for vBulletin on this site. Or the word 'hello' on an English site. The word 'hello' is excluded by default. The results wouldn't be meaningful.
    It depends. In most cases, hello might not return meaningful results but for translation or language sites, it does. Also in programming language sites, it might also be meaningful if you want to search for "hello world" code samples.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As I said before your search engine needs to be reindexed. If I search for 'ringraziamento' on your site, I get no results. However, this topic exists:

https://yourdomain/forum/comunicazio...unk-e-ciosper/

This tells me that the database isn't completely indexed for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The query in post 5 would replicate a basic search on the topic title. Only topics have titles in vBulletin 5. Replies and comments do not have titles. If you use any topic prefixes, these are not indexed.

To be honest, I would recommend excluding the word 'ciao' from the search index altogether. It is too common on your site to provide meaningful results. Like if you searched for vBulletin on this site. Or the word 'hello' on an English site. The word 'hello' is excluded by default. The results wouldn't be meaningful.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 8th Feb '17, 10:22am.

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Yes, there is a limit on the search results returned for performance reasons. The default value is 500 results. You can change this at Settings -> Options -> Message Searching Options. You can change it but I don't recommend setting it too high.
    Now I remember, we've set it that way when we started to configuring after migration.

That Ciao and ciao returns different results sounds like a bug. They should return the same.
    Cancel this, I confused search results, too many browser tabs :|

20906 posts that cointains the word "ciao" is an adequate amount for our forum, 9 topic with that word in title is not possible.
    Is it any way to replicate the search "keyword only in title" with a db query?

Apart from that, other accurate research do not return results despite the thread exist.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes, there is a limit on the search results returned for performance reasons. The default value is 500 results. You can change this at Settings -> Options -> Message Searching Options. You can change it but I don't recommend setting it too high.

That Ciao and ciao returns different results sounds like a bug. They should return the same.

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Can you run this query:

Code:
    select count(*) from node where lower(title) like '%ciao%';
    Result to this is 20906.

I've even tried to execute a search on word "Ciao" (with the uppercase c) and results is 100; seems a round figure, is there a maximum number limit for user search?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Can you run this query:

Code:
    select count(*) from node where lower(title) like '%ciao%';

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Please rebuild your search index. You can do this in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> General Update Tools. Or if you are knowledgeable with your server's command line, you can upload the searchindex.php file from your do_not_upload folder and run it with PHP at the command line.
    We've just did it at least three times, the last running searchindex.php from cli...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is possible, that only 11 topics with the word in the title are indexed. Please rebuild your search index. You can do this in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> General Update Tools. Or if you are knowledgeable with your server's command line, you can upload the searchindex.php file from your do_not_upload folder and run it with PHP at the command line.

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    No accents?
    Nope, is the italian "hello".

Can you run this query directly against your database using phpMyAdmin or whatever other tool you have available?
    Result is "11".
    If I correctly understood what the query is asking, it is absolutely not possible that in our db there are only 11 thread titles with that word...

Leave a comment: