• Show
Clear All

• musicoff
    replied
    Ok, thank you both.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can also remove the link in the footer of the page by changing its permissions in Site Builder using the Footer tool

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by musicoff View Post

No problem to instruct them on this, but the best thing at this point would be totally hide/block modcp until the problem is solved, even because I can handle activities on user profiles by myself, making them work only on topics and posts.
    Is it possible?
    Rename the /core/modcp folder to something else!

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    At this time, you would have to tell your moderators to exercise caution and tell them not to do this.
    No problem to instruct them on this, but the best thing at this point would be totally hide/block modcp until the problem is solved, even because I can handle activities on user profiles by myself, making them work only on topics and posts.
    Is it possible?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There were some problems with Moderator Permissions that have been resolved in an upcoming version. See http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16857

At this time, you would have to tell your moderators to exercise caution and tell them not to do this.

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    What permissions have you set that should prevent them being able to do this?
    In Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions I've set to No the "Can Ban Users" and the "Can Restore Banned Users" options for all of them. I would like to know if there's any other setting to prevent them from banning.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    What permissions have you set that should prevent them being able to do this?

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Just no suggestion for this?

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    When they actually use the function, does it allow them to proceed or do they get a 'No Permission' error?
    They totally can apply a ban, I've personally verified with one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    When they actually use the function, does it allow them to proceed or do they get a 'No Permission' error?

Leave a comment:

• musicoff
    started a topic Why moderators can ban?

Why moderators can ban?

Hi everyone.
    After setting the channel moderators I've noticed that mods can apply user's ban via modcp, despite the ban options for them is set to NO.
    This is absolutely not contemplated in our organization, so how can I prevent them from banning?

Thanks in advance.