Google Adsence code Help. 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Adsence code Help. 

I have been trying to get approved for google Adsence for quite a while now and im stuck on the reviewing your page for over a month now. I have a feeling its because i posted the code on the wrong section of the style!

I need to add the following code

Code:

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <script>   (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({     google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3068936494778800",     enable_page_level_ads: true   }); </script>
    right after the <head> tag.

Can someone please point to me which template exactly i need to edit to add this line in?

I was able to get the google analytic tracking code in the footer so that's all set. just cant figure out this one!

I am currently running the RedFox theme for vb5 from vbstyles.com
    (already posted on their support forum and got no response :/

thanks!

You should be using Ad Modules to put advertising on your page. If you want an ad at the very top of the page above the header, edit the header in Site Builder and put your AdSense code in the Header 1 Location. Follow the instructions on the screen.

For other locations, add the Ad Module by editing the page in Site Builder and place your Adsense code inside modules you add.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You should be using Ad Modules to put advertising on your page. If you want an ad at the very top of the page above the header, edit the header in Site Builder and put your AdSense code in the Header 1 Location. Follow the instructions on the screen.

For other locations, add the Ad Module by editing the page in Site Builder and place your Adsense code inside modules you add.
      yes i am aware on how to put it on the main page. This code that was given needs to be placed in <head> so they can approve my adsence account. It is still stuck in the verification process.

Comment

Edit the head_include template in Style Manager in AdminCP and paste the code there.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

A better place to put it would be in the field for Search Engine Verification under Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Verification. Anything placed here will be placed in the Header. Set Google to Yes and place the code in the text box underneath.

This method will work on Cloud and download versions.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

That works too. And that's a better solution. But we should make it clear that Google Adsense is not the same as Search Engine Verification. We are just re-purposing the Search Engine Verification option to also include Adsense code and not just the actual site ownership verification code.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X