Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit size of running embedded videos.

Hi everyone.
    We would like to heavily increase width and slightly decrease height for embedded videos while they're running, since we really don't like the actual size (see attachment).
    Mark.B has already told me there's a bug with video size, however I would like to know if anyone else has been able to fix this without coding.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	embedded video size.png Views:	2 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	4362940

5.2.6 should fix this for directly embedded videos, but not as yet for videos posted using the link content type:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16725
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      5.2.6 should fix this for directly embedded videos, but not as yet for videos posted using the link content type:
      Sorry, with "directly embedded videos" you mean videos posted using VIDEO tags?

Comment

Originally posted by musicoff View Post

Sorry, with "directly embedded videos" you mean videos posted using VIDEO tags?
        Yes....the more 'common' method of doing it. Very few people actually use link content types so to all intents and purposes the issue is fixed in 5.2.6 for most people. However, the content type issue will still get fixed afterwards.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The link fix is expected in 5.2.7

Comment

Well, fix for directly embedded videos is what we need now so we'll stay tuned for the new release.

Thanks!

Comment

The videos on my site are bigger with simple custom CSS added. It fixes both directly embedded videos and actual video post content type.

Code:
              .videocontainer {
                  float: none;
              }
              @media (min-width: 1024px) {
                  .linkcontainer .videocontainer .videothumbnail, .post-content .videocontainer .videothumbnail, .OLD__post-content .videocontainer .videothumbnail {
                      width: 560px;
                      height: 315px;
                  }
              }
              Optional: I also edited the bbcode_video template to allow fullscreen. It's basically adding allowfullscreen attribute in the <iframe> tag. It's not recommended to edit existing vB templates but I feel it's important for user experience to allow fullscreen on videos.

See demo:

http://vbmods.rocks/forum/miscellane...nd-no-checkout

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                The videos on my site are bigger with simple custom CSS added. It fixes both directly embedded videos and actual video post content type.

Code:
                .videocontainer {
                float: none;
                }
                @media (min-width: 1024px) {
                .linkcontainer .videocontainer .videothumbnail, .post-content .videocontainer .videothumbnail, .OLD__post-content .videocontainer .videothumbnail {
                width: 560px;
                height: 315px;
                }
                }
                Optional: I also edited the bbcode_video template to allow fullscreen. It's basically adding allowfullscreen attribute in the <iframe> tag. It's not recommended to edit existing vB templates but I feel it's important for user experience to allow fullscreen on videos.

See demo:

http://vbmods.rocks/forum/miscellane...nd-no-checkout
                Sounds good, how could I name the new CSS template?

Comment

You don't create a new template. Just add the css to the css_additional template or via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Ok, it works. Now let's find the right fit for our site.

Thank you very much!

Comment